220v Amps vs 110v Amps | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 220v Amps vs 110v Amps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

comet424

hi I been trying to read online but I cant find what I want

what I wanna know is

I asked a few electricans but each one gives me different answers

what I wanna know is at 30AMp 220v is that 15amps one line and 15amps on the 2nd line right?

as then someone else told me 30amps at 220v is really 60 amps at 110v

whats right?

im guessing the 15amps per line

the generator is just I using as an example I asked 4 electricans . 2 electricans say a 220V 30amp outlet can only produce 15amps 110 on each of the 2 lines. and then other electricans said 220v 30amp outlet can produce 30 amps on each of the 2 lines

[ElectriciansForums.net] 220v Amps vs  110v Amps

I don't think so, Canada is 110v single phase as far as I know. Electricity Around the World

Look again Marvo, .... it's 120V (240V) in Canada!! 110V has long since bitten the dust in both the States and Canada.

It's a 3 wire single phase system L-L 240V / L-N 120V. Domestics are generally provided from a local pole mounted distribution split phase TX...

Last edited by a moderator:
ya the range is 110-120 as like I live in the country I can only get 115 volts not 120 as the farther you are from the substation the voltage drops from 120 to 110 after 110 u get ur brown outs, so for 220 its 220-240 range they up it for the farther distances like in the country

Reply to 220v Amps vs 110v Amps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net