2360 components question, Please help!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2360 components question, Please help!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

skatingsparks

Hello there
I'm stuck out in South Africa at the mo and am having trouble getting some of my City and Guilds recognised. The reason being that they are saying I only have units of credit for my part 2360 Pt 2. Part 1 I have a full certificate for, no problem. But the for part 2 I have a unit of credit with Credit for installation, Commissioning and Fault Diagnosis and a Credit for Electrical Science and Principle. On a another bit of paper it says I have a Unit of Credit for Assignments Part 2 (Pass). I looked on the City and Guilds web site and found the Scheme Pamphlet

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_construction_electrical/2360-08-sh-v1996.pdf
for the part 2 and it say some thing a bout 2360 101 assignment, what he heck is that. Is that something to do with the part 1. I'm hoping its just a case of City and Guilds not putting all the componenets together and I either didn't get or lost the full Part 2 Cert.

So I'm looking at the 2 credits on one unit of credit and a pass on another unit of credit, am I missing something??

Please help because I had to go back to the UK and work like a B^&$% (didn't sleep for 3 days straight trying to finish the design project for 2391-02 on time) for 4 months to get my NVQ 3, 2391-01 testing and inspecting, 2391-02 (Design and Verification) and 2382 17th Edition because they said I hadn't completed my 2360 pt 2, which I though I had. I would really really like to go into there office and stick it to them if I can get my part 2 problem sorted.

If I'm missing something then tell me what I'm missing and if its the 2360 101 I'm missing, what is it????
It caused me no end of trouble. I did these exams back in 1984.

Many thanks

Skatingsparks

Hi there.

I also did the 2360, completed in 2000.

As you have said there were 2 parts with 2 end of year written exams each.

In addition to these there were assignments to go with each part i.e one for part 1 and one for part 2, 101 and 102 respectively. The highest grade that could be achieved in the assignments was a pass where as a credit or distinction was achievable in the exams.

Basically for each part i.e 1&2 you should have 4 certificates - one for each of the exams, one for the assignment and a cert confirming that all sections were completed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the response

I have 2 bits so paper for my part 2 (3 for my part 1, one of those has got both exams on it and the other has 4 Passes on it for various assessment and one certificate saying I am awarded electrical installations part 1, no problem), I haven't got a piece of paper for each exam but one I have definately has 2 exams on it a credit (each) for installation commisioning and fault diagnosis(one exam) and Electrical science and principles(other exam).

On the second sheet it says I have passed Assignments part Two. Is that all that should be on there. Just one Pass for all the assignments (I remember doing 3 assignments). If that's the case I'm laughing. Is thats what on yours/everyone elses?? Just assignment part two.

I'm going to phone City and Guilds monday just want to be sure before I spend a fortune on phone calls to the U.K.

It will be a glorious day when i get to go to SAQA (South African Qualification Assiciation) and tell them "yes in fact you will find I did pass part 2 (you dumb A$% Mother......)" Wasted over a year on this and if its there fault then that would be great!!! The level of skill in your average SA spark is.... worse than you average UK apprentice. They won't let me do the job I have been doing for 10 year because of this.

If anyone can confirm there should just be

One Unit of credit

Installation, commisioning and fault diagnosis Credit
Electrical science and principles Credit

2nd uint of credit

Assignmnets Part two Pass

Sound like its all there.
Thanks

Upvote 0
I have the same thing on my 236-2 cert,units of credit,i didn't fully pass my AM2,so i didn't get a full cert.Did mine in 1987.Did you do your AM2 and pass?

Upvote 0
AM2 isnt needed for 2360 pt2 it counts towards NVQ3

The certs you describe are exactly what I have and everyone else I know that have passed 2360pt2

I have one cert with exam results on (science and theory) and one cert with assignments

Upvote 0
AM2 isnt needed for 2360 pt2 it counts towards NVQ3

The certs you describe are exactly what I have and everyone else I know that have passed 2360pt2

I have one cert with exam results on (science and theory) and one cert with assignments
Sorry misread the 1st thread,i actually did the C&G 236-2 and it incorporated the AM2.The NVQ3 never existed when i did mine.;)

Upvote 0
Hi, Did you ever get this issue resolved I know it been a while. I'm having the same issue at the moment I have two pieces of paper saying
201 - assignments
202 - installation diagnosis and commissioning
203- electrical science and principles
204 - practical tasks

but have no final certificate. I presumed I had everything I needed. C and G are no help and I'm not sure what unit I'm missing. I want to see that thread you posted but C and G have now removed that link from there website I'm just going around in circles.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Thread is 6 years old so I am closing it, Pj please feel free to start a new thread in the forum if you wish.

Upvote 0
Hello there
I'm stuck out in South Africa at the mo and am having trouble getting some of my City and Guilds recognised. The reason being that they are saying I only have units of credit for my part 2360 Pt 2. Part 1 I have a full certificate for, no problem. But the for part 2 I have a unit of credit with Credit for installation, Commissioning and Fault Diagnosis and a Credit for Electrical Science and Principle. On a another bit of paper it says I have a Unit of Credit for Assignments Part 2 (Pass). I looked on the City and Guilds web site and found the Scheme Pamphlet

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_construction_electrical/2360-08-sh-v1996.pdf
for the part 2 and it say some thing a bout 2360 101 assignment, what he heck is that. Is that something to do with the part 1. I'm hoping its just a case of City and Guilds not putting all the componenets together and I either didn't get or lost the full Part 2 Cert.

So I'm looking at the 2 credits on one unit of credit and a pass on another unit of credit, am I missing something??

Please help because I had to go back to the UK and work like a B^&$% (didn't sleep for 3 days straight trying to finish the design project for 2391-02 on time) for 4 months to get my NVQ 3, 2391-01 testing and inspecting, 2391-02 (Design and Verification) and 2382 17th Edition because they said I hadn't completed my 2360 pt 2, which I though I had. I would really really like to go into there office and stick it to them if I can get my part 2 problem sorted.

If I'm missing something then tell me what I'm missing and if its the 2360 101 I'm missing, what is it????
It caused me no end of trouble. I did these exams back in 1984.

Many thanks

Skatingsparks
Hi Skatingsparks, have same issue regarding 2360 Pt 2. Awarded August 1999. I have passed both exams, and assignments. But only have 2 unit credits and not overall award. Did you ever get this resolved? Hopefully so. Thanks

Upvote 0

Reply to 2360 components question, Please help!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net