240v Single Pole vs Double Pole | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 240v Single Pole vs Double Pole in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm now in West Virginia but my wife and I also own a home in the Philippines. The current in our province is 240v, but single pole.

I have experience wiring houses in the US so I know that the 240v here consists of two 120v wires that are 180 degrees out of phase.

That brings me to my question. Some expats who are planning to live in the Philippines want to know if their 240v US appliances will work in the Philippines. I'm skeptical that will work but maybe I'm wrong. Could I wire a US appliance, like an oven, with 240v on one side and a neutral wire on the other instead of 120v on each side? Could I also us a Philippine appliance in the US by wiring it with 120v on each side like a US appliance? Thanks

Reply to 240v Single Pole vs Double Pole in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

By code the washing machine needs its own 20 amp single pole GFCI circuit, the dryer needs a 30 amp double pole breaker and using # 10 wire. Your...
Replies
Views
We built a retirement home in the Philippines and relocated here a little less than 2 years ago from Georgia, USA. My wife is a Filipina and owns...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the help, you and James were right, it was a corroded neutral line on the power pole.After the power company came to re crimp it, my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks