3 phase domestic installation issues | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 phase domestic installation issues in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have been out to a property 3 times in the past week to a country pile with a 3 phase supply that keeps blowing it's 100amp distributor fuse.

The property has a pool house, a large garage with power, stables with power and a wooden annex type space also with power.

I have taken off every accessory in this huge place and can't find any obvious issues.

At the board I have measured a PFC of 1.19 kA and a PSCC of similar.

Nothing trips in the board when the dist fuse goes, I've not done a lot of work with 3 phase so unsure where to go from here.

Any advice much appreciated.

Hi, I have been out to a property 3 times in the past week to a country pile with a 3 phase supply that keeps blowing it's 100amp distributor fuse.

The property has a pool house, a large garage with power, stables with power and a wooden annex type space also with power.

I have taken off every accessory in this huge place and can't find any obvious issues.

Nothing trips in the board when the dist fuse goes, I've not done a lot of work with 3 phase so unsure where to go from here.

I you have only one of the three 100 amp cut out fuses that blow, that would indicate that that phase is being overloaded. Check the balance and loads of the three phase and rebalance the 3 phase loads.

The cut out fuse that keeps blowing is obviously overloaded. Check the load demand on that phase. Also, check the balance of all three phases and rebalance accordingly.

Reply to 3 phase domestic installation issues in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net