3 phase supply, advice required | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 phase supply, advice required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

lurch

-
Reaction score
Some advice please. . . I have a local community centre (old prefab) that has a 3 phase TNS supply from the local DNO. I have carried out a EICR which has unsatisfactory on various points, however I am trying to locate the regulation that covers isolation. . . . the scenario is 3 phases in to 3 phase meter, and then 3 separate single phase domestic Consumer units, all located within a cupboard.

My concern is that there is no single point of isolation on the 3 phase supply. I want to give this a C2 but not having come across this scenario before and want to know the regulation that covers this . . . if there is one. Or is it totally acceptable to have this setup as it is. . . . constructive answers always welcome.

I would not hesitate in asking a customer who has rung me to report a smell of burning to go to mains and isolate a main switch until I can get there. This is hardly messing with a board !!!

But if they don't know what they are doing and which board to isolate then maybe you should be telling them to isolate all 3.

I would not hesitate in asking a customer who has rung me to report a smell of burning to go to mains and isolate a main switch until I can get there. This is hardly messing with a board !!!
What's wrong with the Main Switch on the Consumers Unit? Not messing with a Board? but you will be messing with other peoples supply of electricity wouldn't you??

Exactam
I would be asking why “Dave” didn’t ask which board in this instance.
Exactamundo, Dave goes to the Cupboard, switches OFF the TP&N isolator, Mrs Brown in the flat in question knows the juice is going OFF Mrs Smith and Mrs Jones in the other two flats call out an Electrician to find out the problem, because their Electric is no more, ergo confusion rules OK?

Reply to 3 phase supply, advice required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net