Currently reading:
4000TL Problems

Discuss 4000TL Problems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, the rails should be bonded to the MET - or to a seperate earth rod if the system is a TNCS set up (PME)

Sorry, but this means nothing to me. What is the MET and how do i know if the system is a TNCS set up, and which regulations can i point my installer at?

MET is the main earthing terminal. The installer should be able to tell you if you're on a PME system. If you look at the your meter, it may even have a little label on it saying something like "This system is connected to a PME system blah blah blah etc".

MET is the main earthing terminal. The installer should be able to tell you if you're on a PME system. If you look at the your meter, it may even have a little label on it saying something like "This system is connected to a PME system blah blah blah etc".
No labels on meter, so i asume i am not on a PME sysyem. The installer's electrician (not MCS registered) is coming on Friday to change my inverter settings so i will ask him.

oooooops put my foot in it:) yes they should be!!! but ive seen 3 with TL that are not so when they come back get them to earth it! in there defence it was not a WELL known thing! SENIOR members will say ITS IN THE DTI GUIDE but untill i came on here i coudnt get a straight answer! (so be nice to them:)

in there defence it was not a WELL known thing! SENIOR members will say ITS IN THE DTI GUIDE but untill i came on here i coudnt get a straight answer! (so be nice to them:)

I have to disagree. I'd have thought that bonding the array when using a TL inverter was pretty standard stuff.

I think we need to get away from the idea that customers roofs are a training ground for inexperienced and unskilled tradesmen.

oooooops put my foot in it:) yes they should be!!! but ive seen 3 with TL that are not so when they come back get them to earth it! in there defence it was not a WELL known thing! SENIOR members will say ITS IN THE DTI GUIDE but untill i came on here i coudnt get a straight answer! (so be nice to them:)

What DTI guide, do you have a link or precise title?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 4000TL Problems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock