4kw pv kit, which one | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 4kw pv kit, which one in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

slingshotjim

Renesola Poly 240 x 16 fitted sma inverter inc all MCS Etc £7200
Hyundai but Mono 240 x 16 sma or dhelia inverter MCS Etc £8000

Done loads of research, poly or mono... south facing in Longton nr Preston. is it worth the extra £800.... Both have 10yr warrantys the dhelia inverter is 10 yrs aswell.... worth it over the sma that seems to be very popular, Need to decide this weekend so any advice appreciated thanks. Jim trying to beat the 3rd..... and hoping the gov lose.... thanks again

Is it the same installer offering two options or two separate installers recommending their own solution? I'd be more concerned about getting a legal inverter than the panels at this stage. Are they suggesting a Sunny Boy SMA 4000TL?

If there's only one installer, why is he expecting you to suddenly become the solar expert and make such a choice? If there's two installers, maybe you should choose the one you feel will do the best job, give you the best warranty, etc? I'd simply advise you to choose someone local who can easily offer support if you have a problem.

Thats the thing, 2 different installers, both good both local, no worries with either as far as that side, just would like to fit the better of the 2 kits, is the monocrys worth more, I know the panels cost more so they are priced quite close I would thing but is it worth £800 more for Hyundai.... I think they both have 10yr warranties.... What do you mean legal, you mean mcs legal? Is there an issue getting them

Hi, as its sat night i havent run this through PV SOL, but if it was me i would plump for the hyundai system, its a very good price and there is a lot of good feedback on here about those panels. Mono or Poly? not much in it, if its unshaded then choose the mono.

Regards to legal inverters? both are legal, and the Diehl is good, allbiet they have got a bad batch out at the moment that throw up error 110, just needs swapping so no big deal.

hope this helps.

The most important thing is to make sure that you choose a reputable installer and manufacturer. Your panels will most likely give you many years of trouble free operation, but for your own peace of mind you will probably want to choose a manufacturer that is likely to be around for long enough to honour the terms of the guarantee.

AFAIK Monocrystaline production has been around for years and lifespan well proven. Im not sure that is the case for poly panels. But as above there are probably good and badly made panels poly or mono.

Both panels will be fine if they appear on the MCS database which they almost certainly will. My concern would be the inverter because you're not allowed to pump as much electricity as you want back into the National Grid cos you might overload your substation and annoy your neighbours.

To avoid this, there are rules which your installer should know about limiting the amount you can export. These are called G59 (basically you have to notify the DNO before installing) and G83 (post-notification). It can take 45 days to get G59 permission so that may well not happen before 3rd March. It would therefore be safer to use a G83 inverter (that limits output to 3 amps per phase). The Power One Aurora mentioned above can do this for you.

looks line renesolar have a output tolerance plus or minus 3%
The only hyundai datasheet I could find for 240w was the black frame and back panels plus 3% minus 0%

The difference in the attention to detail and skill of various fitters is easy to see by looking at the variety of installations in an area.

A house down the road from me has cables hanging all over the roof. Untidy.

Another one has a long cable passing through the loft (from back to front of house), then out the front wall of a gable and (in black trunking) straight down the middle of the front of the house. Ugly.

Another one has the array installed very noticably off-centre without any need for it (I know because the house is the same design as mine and hasn't been modified). Unattractive.

Yet another has noticeable projections out of the end of the mounting rails where they haven't been trimmed. Untidy.

Yet others - in their eagerness to not "miss out" on the maximum which can be fitted on their roof, have crazy layouts of panels which look very unattractive. Not appealing if you try to sell the house.

Not all companies do things the same way. Some just knock a system together while others plan a system carefully - perhaps using some kind of computer software to optimise things.
Make sure that you make it clear what is acceptable to you, in terms of the appearance and the location of the various components (rails, panels, cables, inverter etc).
But also listen to their surveyor and try to find a suitable work-around if they can give a good reason why a certain aspect of the design has to be done in a certain way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put them both into a hat and pick one and hope they have the stock, not just they will fit any old crap, last miniute dot com because they cant get the kit. There are lots of dreamer who imagine the have the kit. Good luck.

?????....Can any one get power ones..????

Funnily enough I've just emailed them about supply cos there doesn't seem to be any about, They seem to be well on the ball as he secured them on Friday in case we said yes, now unavailable till end of March apparently so all good there. It amazes me there isn't a better way of choosing, Iget there might not be a lot in it but theres £over 800 in difference in price yet no one can say that it's worth paying, if it's a pick out of a hat job there d only be the cheaper one in there surely.... I just thought mono better here than poly, but seems maybe that the build quality of the hyundais swings it?

Reply to 4kw pv kit, which one in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back