A little help with new spreadsheet please? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A little help with new spreadsheet please? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

ive pretty much sussed out that around the £3 mark per wagobox with connectors will more than cover it for JB's, diesel u could do 50p per mile lets say, it will keep it simple too.!

What about a one off box just to cover all the bits and bats that get overlooked, screws, grommets, rawl plugs, junction boxes, wago's, helacons, bonding clamps, plugtop fuses, sealant, expanding foam, cable clips, and other stuff i cant think of. I put on a sundry charge for all this stuff of £25 on a rewire and £3 on a run of the mill job.

Cheers...Howard

Well the sheet that is labeled 'points' will have set tasks. There is no reason why they have to draw from the other sheets. Like a consumer unit as per pablo's suggestion.
The points and Tasks sheet will be the biggest headache for me, that's why I've asked for hep.

Chiplard, that's a good idea for sundry items and can easily be added into what I already have.

Guys, keep the suggestions coming, it's amazing what I can miss in the wee hours *yawn*
I may not be able to do everything that is suggested (No VBA skills in Excel I'm afraid), but I'll try.
Like I said, anyone that contributes will get a copy.

Ive got the City&Guilds computer applications qual, if you struggle with any excel formulas PM me and i will see if i can help.

Cheers...........Howard

Ive got the City&Guilds computer applications qual, if you struggle with any excel formulas PM me and i will see if i can help.

Cheers...........Howard

Cheers Howard
I'm okay with formulas, done some long and complicated ones in my time. I'ts VBA I'm no good with. When things get really complicated it's time for VBA, so I'm trying to steer well clear of it.

Sticking different rates and fuel expenses in is child's play, no problems there, it can be done. As I've said I'm really looking for set tasks that can be added to the tasks sheet, these can be modified later on by users. Consumer unit replacements, shed supplies, changing an existing light fitting, adding an extra socket etc. Basically these will be tasks you've done before. When I do small jobs, I usually keep a record of what was used and the time it took, so I can refer back when something similar comes along. I wanted this all in a spreadsheet because it's all there in one place.

Something else to mention. I've been looking at open office instead of Microsoft excel. The reason is that it has a facility to tie up a database with the spreadsheets, so alot of info can be stored there instead of on the spreadsheet. This will make the spreadsheet smaller. The other reason is that open office is free to all!
What are your thoughts on this?

have you got a place where you can up date prices as they increase so as the per item price will increase as materials do

If you look at the screen shots you will see all the items on different sheet tabs. The tasks are linked to these sheets, so once you increase or decrease the item prices, the tasks automatically do the same. As I said above though, I'm looking at using open office since I can create a database to hold product info. open office calc (excel) allows you to open a database through the spreadsheet and you can drag and drop products straight into the spreadsheet.

i have some rewire / survey forms on open office. seems a really good application software.
i will sit down tomorrow and have a good think of some tasks.
ie installing an earth rod for tt system etc, installing down lighters, lifting and replacing insulation in attic, extractor fan ducting etc. also fitting smoke alarms, time for certification etc, it all eats into ur day or evening and is taken for granted by customer and costs money! as already stated, a tick box for consumables per job is a good idea to cover sleeving, screws, gromets, plasterboard fixings, etc.

This seems really interesting, I'd love a copy if possible!

Have you thought about including home networking points? Outside sockets, security floodlights, hard wiring swimming pool pump, garden pond pump.

Hi all, just an update. This is becoming a really difficult project to complete. I've changed the layout a couple of times now, since I'm never happy with it.
I'm trying to find a way of letting people put in their own project costs in, because it's taking too long and their are so many variations to the same job.
Standard points for new build and rewires are doable but beyond that it just gets very complicated and the size of the sheet becomes immense.
I'll keep plodding on with it and keep you posted.

Voltimax

I will have a quick look, I made something similar a while back now, it is exactly what you are looking for. I will see if I can dig it out!

Thank you very much Mark, that would be a big help. I've sort of done it with a macro, but it's not very stable.

If you look at the screen shots you will see all the items on different sheet tabs. The tasks are linked to these sheets, so once you increase or decrease the item prices, the tasks automatically do the same. As I said above though, I'm looking at using open office since I can create a database to hold product info. open office calc (excel) allows you to open a database through the spreadsheet and you can drag and drop products straight into the spreadsheet.

hi i was hoping would i be able to get a copy when you finished please

hi i was hoping would i be able to get a copy when you finished please

Well the point of this thread was to HELP with this. Since I haven't received much help and it's a lot of work, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but unless you want to help, you won't be getting a copy. I'm not here to make things for people who don't want to input anything.

Reply to A little help with new spreadsheet please? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net