A little help with new spreadsheet please? | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A little help with new spreadsheet please? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I tried something along these lines years ago and found it was a waste of time- you would get it all set up and there was a change in price

I just charge labour and materials, and call up the wholesaler just before I invoice to check the prices (if I haven't had the line in the post).
If you give too much detail to customers they will start asking questions like why was this shower only £95 and the last one was £345.
When you break it down to labour and materials it is self explanitory.

For recurring jobs I save the excel spreadsheet for that job to allow me to return to it later on- it also allows me to compare the prices

Last edited:
As much as I hate to admit, baldy is right. I've made a whole mess of different spreadsheets and there isn't one formula that does everything I'm afraid. I hate to think how many hours I've spent on this and now work has picked up, I just don't have much time to spend on it.
I may come back to it, but for now it's on hold.

fair play bud, i have just started using sliq tools. only £29 and a free 30 day trial. i have spent a couple of hours inputting basic everyday materials in and it is pretty quick to use. U can also use it to print quotes and invoices from same software and to email the customer with quotes..........all very quick when doing estimates. check it out bud?!

Cheers pab, but I've been using it now for quite some time. I must admit never for quoting though. The trouble is for me, it's too basic and doesn't give me (not the customer) enough of a breakdown. I guess it's a personal thing.

By the way, thanks for the input you gave. PM me your email and l'll send you a little sheet I use :)

Last edited:

Reply to A little help with new spreadsheet please? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net