Currently reading:
Adding Powerchair accessories

Discuss Adding Powerchair accessories in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oracle

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have been requested to install an audible horn and an amber beacon light on a Powerchair to comply with road regulations. Although the task seems straightforward, I am uncertain about the legal implications of performing this modification.

I am uncertain about the legal implications of performing this modification.

And this is the crunch.... what, if any, are the legal implications?

If it was me I'd fit the loudest airhorn and brightest amber light I can find..... but I'm an idiot....

This got me curious, so I looked up what the GUV has to say about types of powerchairs on roads.

The below bit I found strange.

Mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs in class 2 and 3 cannot be used on cycle lanes.
Cycle tracks are different from cycle lanes. Cycle tracks are separated from the road by barriers or distance. Cycle lanes are painted on the road and run alongside where usual road traffic (like cars) go.

So a class 3 (max 8mph) can go on the road but not on a cycle lane.... Is there some logic to this that I'm not seeing.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adding Powerchair accessories in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock