additional protection | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss additional protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofts

right again this is not a **** take im just trying to make sure I do things right.

again the house im working on at the moment does not have a duel rcd boar there is a rcd in there but im not sure if its rotecting just some of the circuits or all of them. its this one MEM MEMERA 2000 AD WAY CONSUMER UNIT INC 6 MCB'S AND RCD'S | eBay

im sure that this board will mean that I need to install suplimentary bonding in the bathroom. and so will be linking the hot and hold pipeing on the wash basin together I think this needs to be continuos but again im not sure. when I say continuous i mean no cuts/breaks in it which is easy enough to do. Im presuming this cable will go all the way back to the main earthing terminal in the board. if there was a MET block like you get on page 15 on the on site guide (red one though) would i then take this cable back to that.

another thing im unsure of is what size should this conductor be. is it 10mm

thanks agin for any help assistance or nudging ti the right direction so I can understand this.

pps if theres a towel rail to be installed as well I would also need to bond this, could I do this with a seperate bonding conductor again taking it back to the MET if there is one or the earth bar in the cu or would it be best to do them all with just the one binding conductor linking them up so its a continuos run.

I do pthat makes sense

cheers

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Lofts:
stop arsin about in peoples property!!

if you want to learn..then do it the right way...not on the job unsupervised...
for christs sake kid go to college...do it that way will you...

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know why no ones supervising me mate I could probably do with some but Ive done most things before theres just a few things I havent done like this and so I was hoping to find out the answers on here. No one ever seems to want to help me tho all they want to do is take the **** because I dont know. that doesnt bother me but not knowing the answer does ill be honest.

P taking is all part of being in any trade, however in your case it's different because you are wrongfully working alone carrying out works that require knowledge. Asking a forum on the web how to do your everyday job is not the way to go. Everyone has to start somewhere, and no one knows everything straight away, which is why you start out as a mate and have someone competent & experienced and guiding you. To an extent getting thrown into the deep end is useful and can be a great way of learning, however being as green as you are, it's highly ridiculous that your are working alone. Ring the gaffer up and ask for help

P taking is all part of being in any trade, however in your case it's different because you are wrongfully working alone carrying out works that require knowledge. Asking a forum on the web how to do your everyday job is not the way to go. Everyone has to start somewhere, and no one knows everything straight away, which is why you start out as a mate and have someone competent & experienced and guiding you. To an extent getting thrown into the deep end is useful and can be a great way of learning, however being as green as you are, it's highly ridiculous that your are working alone. Ring the gaffer up and ask for help
thats no good on its own....the boy needs to be supervised.....

I dont know why no ones supervising me mate I could probably do with some but Ive done most things before theres just a few things I havent done like this and so I was hoping to find out the answers on here. No one ever seems to want to help me tho all they want to do is take the **** because I dont know. that doesnt bother me but not knowing the answer does ill be honest.

Matey, I genuinely feel sorry for you as you probably need a guiding hand day to day.

Does you company actually send someone out to test your stuff? Maybe you could ask these guys for help BUT you need to offer properly thoughtout ideas for them to comment on rather than the stuff you post on here.

Matey, I genuinely feel sorry for you as you probably need a guiding hand day to day.

Does you company actually send someone out to test your stuff? Maybe you could ask these guys for help BUT you need to offer properly thoughtout ideas for them to comment on rather than the stuff you post on here.

They should be there testing before the thing gets energised and he disappears lol

I hope it gets tested I was told if would be so assume it will. If it dont though seeing as they said it will I don't see how it's my problem. On the spec it says instillation to be tested after completion so they will not only be breaking the law but also tere contract which ain't really my problemo.

Lofts. I don't know you from Adam, however what I do know from reading your posts is that you should not be allowed to work alone. Whilst I empathise with your willingness to learn, I really do not think that this is the place to start.
What if any reading materials do you have, Bs7671, OSG, etc? What level of comprehension do you have to understand the written word in the books? As some can be a little ambiguous.
Does the company you work for know of your lack of ability, or are they in the dark? Do you work direct for them or sub to them?
Either way it is very clear that you need more assistance and guidance (aka training) before you should be doing what it is that they are asking you to do.
I would suggest that if you are employed that you ask to work with someone to gain more experience/knowledge then ask for career development assistance.
If you are subbing the work the. I suggest you come clean and ask for a permanent employed position as a trainee.
Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but safety for you and those that let you in their properties is paramount and must come first.

I hope it gets tested I was told if would be so assume it will. If it dont though seeing as they said it will I don't see how it's my problem. On the spec it says instillation to be tested after completion so they will not only be breaking the law but also tere contract which ain't really my problemo.

I think that this is the wrong attitude mate. You should know that your work is correct and that the testing is only verifying this.

If you are actually for real then your attitude here is disgusting. Answer me this question: Do you think this is a good attitude to have? Not just in sparkying, in anything. Come on lofts give me e a yes or no. Daz

Some of your replys are disgusting. Anyway back on track after setting up that little trap I've just looked at the old bondin from the old sink and that and it's a piece of ****

Reply to additional protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net