Air compressor with coin meter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Air compressor with coin meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
A guy is making up an air compressor with coin meter and asked if I would wire this up for him/have a look.

From what he said it will be 230v transformed to 24v for coin meter ,,,,,

again anything you want to add I'm all ears, all i can see maybe is 230v and use 24v to to operate contactor also the 24v will be timed some how, not enough info at mo, but I'm interested

So the more I think it will go like this. 230v broke through contactor going to compressor the tap off live side of contactor to to power 24v transformer then make a switching circuit controlling time clock and coin meter...

hows that sound

that will just stop the compressor, and the tank full of air will still be there unless there is a stop valve, I take it this is for a Tyre inflating purpose? if so then the units that are in every petrol station already have a special gas additive mix in them for Tyres and you would need something to add that as well....

that will just stop the compressor, and the tank full of air will still be there unless there is a stop valve, I take it this is for a Tyre inflating purpose? if so then the units that are in every petrol station already have a special gas additive mix in them for Tyres and you would need something to add that as well....
Thats interesting, what gas do they mix it with? nitrogen?

Do have any more info on this, I know some tyre fitting places use nitrogen to inflate tyres but never seen what the benefit is over air

I can maybe see why this guy is building one , Hense the prices to buy a unit, not that he can't afford, it's just him...

He's just built a car wash after paying 60k for the first two units. Using automation engineer ... And building frame him self.

So say when the 50p runs timer out the contactor drops out, it should then be switching pressure release valve.

Would this release of pressure be a gust or need a delay before starting again? I know from adding another 20p at machines in forecourts it just starts again...

Most if not all of coin in the slot compressors I've come across have no air storage / air bank. Would only create more maintenance / safety issues IMO as the air receiver would need testing and certifying periodically

Reply to Air compressor with coin meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net