Any experience with Optima Electrical Training | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Any experience with Optima Electrical Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am looking to start my Level 2 Electrical Installation training, and have came across Optima Electrical Training, who claim that I can achieve Electrical Level 2 through their eLearning (at home) course. Upon speaking to a chap over the phone he explained that they will send me the resources needed to study for assignments and exams, as well as attending a workshop to complete practical exams.

I am wondering if anybody has experience with this company and if it is actually worth it, because obviously they are not cheap.

(For context I already have an electrical job as a trainee since March 2024, so I will also be gaining practical experience through this too)

Thank you in advance for any help.

An electrical training course that's online only screams dodgy to me personally.

There are a lot of salesmen selling courses they know nothing about.

And members of our plumbing forum as well as this sparky one have ran into dozens of these names and lost hundreds of thousands between even a handful of people so really do your research. Download their company accounts and see what they're upto.

That said, never heard of this salesman's company name (as it doesn't so far sound like a training company to me) before.

Are there no physical training centres or colleges near you?

Edit: I've just learned e-learning totally is a big part in training these days and it can cut some costs of courses down.

But I'll follow this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An electrical training course that's online only screams dodgy to me personally.

There are a lot of salesmen selling courses they know nothing about.

And members of our plumbing forum as well as this sparky one have ran into dozens of these names and lost hundreds of thousands between even a handful of people so really do your research. Download their company accounts and see what they're upto.

That said, never heard of this salesman's company name (as it doesn't so far sound like a training company to me) before.

Are there no physical training centres or colleges near you?
There is the option to do a tutored course twice a week instead so it isn’t purely online, it is the same course you can either do it online and practical courses which is at a Optima centre in Manchester, or a tutor course twice a week in person. So I guess it is still a physical training centre but there’s the option for an online learning and physical practical hybrid which is what I was looking into.

Upvote 0
Look into it more mate. Get everything in writing what they're saying.

How much does each type cost, do you mind me asking?

Upvote 0
Look into it more mate. Get everything in writing what they're saying.

How much does each type cost, do you mind me asking?
e-learning is £2900 everything included
Tutoring is £3500 everything included
other courses seem around that same ballpark I think but there doesn’t seem many available in the North West of England that I can find or maybe I’m not searching for the correct things.

Upvote 0
Just done a quick search and they're a consultancy company. If all of the websites that use that name are theirs, they've spent more money on websites than Google.

Upvote 0
e-learning is £2900 everything included
Tutoring is £3500 everything included
other courses seem around that same ballpark I think but there doesn’t seem many available in the North West of England that I can find or maybe I’m not searching for the correct things.
So say you did the tutoring option, what qualification does it provide and what type of electrician does it provide?

Speak to: www.xstraining.com who do some online things but I'm not a sparky personally.

Not a million miles away from you is www.tradeteacher.co.uk in Stoke on Trent.

If you say to your guy that you'd like to walk away and have a good think, see if he gets arsey or even drops the price or something.

Upvote 0
Just done a quick search and they're a consultancy company. If all of the websites that use that name are theirs, they've spent more money on websites than Google.

So say you did the tutoring option, what qualification does it provide and what type of electrician does it provide?

Speak to: www.xstraining.com who do some online things but I'm not a sparky personally.

Not a million miles away from you is www.tradeteacher.co.uk in Stoke on Trent.

If you say to your guy that you'd like to walk away and have a good think, see if he gets arsey or even drops the price or something.
Thanks for the advice mate appreciate it. I had a phone call with a guy about it and he explained it all, got an email about what the course entails and how it would be structured and what not, and he called up the next day asking if I needed anymore help about understanding anything and that’s all I’ve had so far. Nothing suspicious as far as I can tell but that’s why I want a few other opinions just incase.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice mate appreciate it. I had a phone call with a guy about it and he explained it all, got an email about what the course entails and how it would be structured and what not, and he called up the next day asking if I needed anymore help about understanding anything and that’s all I’ve had so far. Nothing suspicious as far as I can tell but that’s why I want a few other opinions just incase.
Sounds like a bit of a pushy outfit and looking at there website a big pop-up appears offering summer sale discounts

All the "training centres" listed appear to be rented office space so you have to wonder how much photoshopping of the pictures of their training centres has ocurred to give that BIG outfit feel

I would take a look at google maps / street view, one of their addresses appears to be a Sainsburys and a few of the other sites are shared office space

My advice would be not to go there

Upvote 0
Oh so it's them setup again with a new name is it! Sounds as dodgy as the ones we used to get 10 years ago.

Let's see them try gey legals on this one.

Upvote 0

Reply to Any experience with Optima Electrical Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net