Currently reading:
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert inverters

Discuss Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tonyboy

DIY
Reaction score
Hello All

I have an Axpert MKS 4 (conversol Re badge) 5.5 Kw inverter that I have had in and running for a little over a year. From the start it played up and I had a couple of f12 dc-dc overcurrent faults that re set and carried on working, with a little fettling of the charge current and other values. It has since then gone into the same fault code but with a fault that stopped the inverter charging from the panels.
I do have a conversol V7 5.0Kw in place at present and it is working fine but I want to get the Axpert repaired.

I had been told initially, by the supplier that the fault is caused by the MPPT and that the board is probably the culprit. I originally tried to get the supplier to repair it but they wanted over £100.00 to look at it as well as me having to pay to return it. They said if the fault had been caused by me ( I bet they will say it will have been) they would then charge me for a new board as well as the cost to change it.
Since then I have seen on a number of sites that this is common practice for the supplier in question and a number of people have indicated that they have been sold repaired faulty inverters as new. Given the suspected scam I can see how this would be an easy way to get damaged goods repaired at a customers cost and therby remove the need for the supplier to pay for anything or ever need to return items to their suppliers.
My new replacement is producing nearly 50% more power per day than the Axpert and as I now have something to compare it to it seems likely that the fault was always there on the original.

I would however like to get the axpert repaired but I am having a job finding anyone that can do this. I am not sending it back to the supplier as I have no trust in them at all, so I will be exepcting to have to pay for the repair. that said if it gets it back up and running properly it will be worth the cost.

Any suggestions as to a decent company to do this type of repair would be very welcome.

Regards
Tonyboy

Outside of the original manufacturer, you would only be able to fault and repair basic issues with caps, connectors, resistors etc. And without schematics and part sheets, you would be best guessing what's wrong. To be honest, if that's their practice, I would probably not want their equipment in my house.

Hello All

I have an Axpert MKS 4 (conversol Re badge) 5.5 Kw inverter that I have had in and running for a little over a year. From the start it played up and I had a couple of f12 dc-dc overcurrent faults that re set and carried on working, with a little fettling of the charge current and other values. It has since then gone into the same fault code but with a fault that stopped the inverter charging from the panels.
I do have a conversol V7 5.0Kw in place at present and it is working fine but I want to get the Axpert repaired.

I had been told initially, by the supplier that the fault is caused by the MPPT and that the board is probably the culprit. I originally tried to get the supplier to repair it but they wanted over £100.00 to look at it as well as me having to pay to return it. They said if the fault had been caused by me ( I bet they will say it will have been) they would then charge me for a new board as well as the cost to change it.
Since then I have seen on a number of sites that this is common practice for the supplier in question and a number of people have indicated that they have been sold repaired faulty inverters as new. Given the suspected scam I can see how this would be an easy way to get damaged goods repaired at a customers cost and therby remove the need for the supplier to pay for anything or ever need to return items to their suppliers.
My new replacement is producing nearly 50% more power per day than the Axpert and as I now have something to compare it to it seems likely that the fault was always there on the original.

I would however like to get the axpert repaired but I am having a job finding anyone that can do this. I am not sending it back to the supplier as I have no trust in them at all, so I will be exepcting to have to pay for the repair. that said if it gets it back up and running properly it will be worth the cost.

Any suggestions as to a decent company to do this type of repair would be very welcome.

Regards
Tonyboy
You could try these

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock