Currently reading:
AT28C16 EEPROM learning experiments

Discuss AT28C16 EEPROM learning experiments in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

_q12x_

DIY
Reaction score
Thanks to mister -marconi , I received his chip AT28C16 gift from England !
I will start to make the 5x7 led matrix project that you did.
I will make it alone as much as I can (as usual). And I will ask you for clarifications on the way.

I remember last night when it worked, I had this arrangement from original experiment.
It was not doing anything important so I remove it today.
I start to believe it was affecting the circuit.
1664125462977.png

All the switches are turn off, and all the addr pins are pull down by those blue resistors on top near the blue DIP switch.
Ive already put resistors to gnd on each addr pin but no effect, it didnt repaired the problem.

Last edited:
Just check your power supply voltage at the Vcc and 0V pins of the 7493 bottom left.

Also check voltage drop between power supply output terminals and the 7493 Vcc and 0V pins ie: PSU 5V to 93 Vcc and PSU 0V and 0V.

If you have removed the eeprom just check its pins have not been bent underneath it when reinserted.

check CEbar and OEbar pins are connected to correct 0V rail.

check WEbar is not floating but connected to push button pulse circuit and should normally be logic 1.

check eeprom has been reinserted correctly to align pins with breadboard connections.

check scan clock is at 1000hz or lower.

Last edited:
Thanks for the medal
1664188615860.png
mister @marconi; it was hard for me because I actually had to think what to do and how to do it and also resolve all the errors that appear on the way. Some seem unsolvable without my good friends help. I took it very slow because I had to get used to these logic gates, get experience with them, also the counter IC's and the memory itself. it was very hard project to deal but I learned and most important I got experience and I understood some interesting practice I can use in my future projects - (specifically that counter). I know a lot of stuff but putting my hands into this project and actually do it, practice will beat any time what I read in the past and my general knowledge. Im happy I made it work. Now I can say more confidently I am more good with logic gates than when I started, for sure.

So mission accomplished -
I am discompleting all the breadboards and put back all the IC's today.
So no way to get back now. I will wait 2h before doing it, until your answer here.
After that I will do it.

A simple way is to convert a 4 bit binary code into a 4 bit Gray code using combinational logic. See video above.

The three logic gates are EXOR. A Two input EXOR gate can be made from NAND gates.

The XOR gate is built from four NAND gates like this:

XOR gate from four NAND gates with XOR operation truth table

The XOR symbol is

XOR gate schematic symbol

Last edited:
Also mister @marconi , did you made that gray code circuit already? Do you have a movie to present it? Also Im curious on your approach/ design. How did you use it or at least assemble it?
I used 4 jk flip flops each connected as a type T (toggle). I made some combinational logic but could have used a look up table to cause each flip flop to change state or not depending on the current state - ‘ if then otherwise‘ type logic. This makes what is called a 'finite state machine'.

Last edited:

Reply to AT28C16 EEPROM learning experiments in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock