Currently reading:
Bathroom fitter , not an electrician

Discuss Bathroom fitter , not an electrician in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Had a customer who had a bathroom fitted, many faults, including, but not exclusive to no IPX on towel heater 60 cms from shower, without competent electrician, took feeds from spaghetti cables within the loft.
what are your thoughts on Bathroom fitters IMG_20240606_114206736_AE.jpg

My thoughts on bathroom fitters...

As far as some of the work I've seen them produce... that's actually not too bad... there's not too much exposed basic insulation and not too many exposed live parts. The spaghetti nest, granted is a mess... but most of it has that grey stuff on it ;)

Sorry to any bathroom fitters who don't do this... in general, I have a very low view of them because of exactly this kind of nonsense... and that's not factoring in any non-compliance/safety issues that could exist because well... who needs an RCD... I'm sure that BS3036 board will keep you safe :D

When it comes to doing electrics bathroom fitters are quite often in the same league as kitchen fitters the only difference is the amount of water in a bathroom can make it a lot more dangerous for the homeowner / user

What do I think...? . I think I love bathroom fitter / kitchen fitter / Dave down the Pub electrical work

As it keeps me in very regular work, sorthing out tripping RCDs, flickering lights, fans not working, dimmers not working, burned out sockets, cables fizzing in the walls etc etc

I spend at least 2 days every single week putting right sh!t electrical work , so keep it coming boys ( and girls )

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom fitter , not an electrician in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back