Currently reading:
Which alarm system brand do you most use for installs?

Discuss Which alarm system brand do you most use for installs? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Please name some brands by replying too the thread

• EZVIZ

• Tapo

• Reolink

• eufy

• Imou

• Xiaomi

• Tenda

• Blink

• SANSCO

• Samsung

• Ring

• ieGeek

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Please could you guys name 3, 4 or 5 brands you use for CCTV and Alarm systems and I'll start to collate a poll once we have a few and will keep adding brands not already mentioned once we have a dozen or more.

VOTES ARE NOT PUBLIC SO NOBODY WILL KNOW WHO VOTED FOR WHICH BRAND
YOU CAN PM ME A BRAND IF YOU WISH TO ADD IT THEN VOTE FOR IT ONCE IVE ADDED IT

I want this list to be useful.

Hoping to then blog about the results in a couple of months in time for a push once it starts to go dark earlier again and will do a home security blog and push that then afterwards which could get us some enquiries which we can put in the jobs area up for grabs.

Edit: I've added a few brands and will change any with no votes in a few days. Hopefully we would have had some suggestions by then. :)

TL;DR
Which alarm system brand do you most use for installs?
Last edited:
Sorry Dan, none of this have long life also, from all of those on your list vote the CCD it's burning faster and if You are interested on some quality then, the Spidome-Camera US manufactures, because they have Traditions with this CCTV also, You need to check on Brands with more than 30 years experience and traditions and not in China of course and if You want to buy, check the technical label to see if is in one Asiatic countries. Some which are made in Taiwan do not burn so faster also the Power Source not explode like from China.
I am one of the few in World who realy repair Video Surveillance absolut everything complex equipment for; Prisons, Hospitals, Institutions, some Banks and for rich people. Many of those equipment, came from many countries. Today I repair also Biometrics equipments.

Please could you guys name 3, 4 or 5 brands you use for CCTV and Alarm systems and I'll start to collate a poll once we have a few and will keep adding brands not already mentioned once we have a dozen or more.

Hoping to then blog about the results in a couple of months in time for a push once it starts to go dark earlier again and will do a home security blog and push that then afterwards which could get us some enquiries which we can put in the jobs area up for grabs.

Edit: I've added a few brands and will change any with no votes in a few days. Hopefully we would have had some suggestions by then. :)
Ademco, DSC, NAPCO, HIKVISON, Northen Video

Lets not forget Dahua, Often masquerading as Viper and many others. Like Hikvission they are partially owned by china Inc. I would mark them above Hik having their system better neailed down. Like with HikVission, default settings are usually the wrong settings. Setting AI properly is bit more advanced for the first time.
There is Bosh, but like their drill bits they are bad quality for high price. There is hagua techwin (Samsung) but they only shine on high specs (military)

Last edited:
Mainly Ring as clients want something super fast to fit and very easy to use /deal with .BUT , its only a form of pain watching your property been robbed etc .Thieves these days dont give a monkeys about alarms or CCTV .

And neighbours dont give monkeys about ringing alarms. Alarms only realy work if connected to someone who comes.
In that case texecom for alrms.
With CCTV it is about how you fit it dictating if you catch person. Many burglars gone demotivated after lookling into the camera itself. But put it high up and customer is happy that it wont get damaged.
Its not enough to put one camera per corner, use some cameras for faces

Hi Dan
Hikvision- Cameras, NVRs, Alarms, HDDs and access control
HiLook -(eco HikVision) Cameras and NVRs
Dahua- Cameras, NVRs, and access control
Uniview- Cameras and NVRs

I generally install ubiquiti CCTV systems these days. They’re not the cheapest, but the have all the benefits of Ring, nest etc such as app alerts, AI detection, doorbells whilst having all the video stored locally.
Integrates into the PAC access system and network systems from ubiquiti that I also install a lot.

Sorry Dan, none of this have long life also, from all of those on your list vote the CCD it's burning faster and if You are interested on some quality then, the Spidome-Camera US manufactures, because they have Traditions with this CCTV also, You need to check on Brands with more than 30 years experience and traditions and not in China of course and if You want to buy, check the technical label to see if is in one Asiatic countries. Some which are made in Taiwan do not burn so faster also the Power Source not explode like from China.
I am one of the few in World who realy repair Video Surveillance absolut everything complex equipment for; Prisons, Hospitals, Institutions, some Banks and for rich people. Many of those equipment, came from many countries. Today I repair also Biometrics equipments.
Name me some brands then matey. And do you want access to our private cctv area then? Inbox me mate (click on my name then "start a conversation") with some credentials and I'll verify then erase the credentials, we don't store those.

Reply to Which alarm system brand do you most use for installs? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock