Bit Of fun Problem.. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bit Of fun Problem.. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

moose

-
Reaction score
Nothing Hard just a fault that could occur.

At DB the RCD seems not to function pressing the test button also notice while pressing the button it changes the LEDs on the Plugin tester, which is plugged into a local socket, the Plugin tester lights are saying Line to Earth reverse also notice while turning off other circuits other changes example

The Plugin Tester Changes LEDs when the Lighting Circuits are turned off at fuse board?....

1) 246 Volts L+E
2) 200 Volts L+N
3) 0 Volts N+E

houston, we got a problem. plug-in tester says you're going to fry on re-entry. time to get the nerds out of hibernation and come up with a solution.

Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a RCD I know
When it comes to blowin'
Oh, the D.B. steals the show
D.B. ain't exactly pretty
D.B. ain't exactly small
42-39-56
You could say the D.B. got it ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

Never had a RCD, never had a RCD like you
Doin' all the things, doin' all the things you do
Ain't no fairy story
Ain't no skin-and-bones
But you give all you got, weighin' in at nineteen stone

You're a whole lotta RCD
A whole lotta RCD
I gotta whole lotta RCD
A whole lotta RCD
A whole lotta RCD
I gotta whole lotta RCD, yeah-yeah-yeah

Honey, you can do, do it to me all night long
Only one can turn, only one can turn me on
All through the night-time
Right around the clock
To my surprise, RCD never stops

You're a whole lotta RCD
A whole lotta RCD
I gotta whole lotta RCD
A whole lotta RCD
A whole lotta RCD
I gotta whole lotta ,RCD, yeah-yeah-yeah :37:

I love the RCD song nice hard work gone in to that,

The power(Line) is On and passing through the RCD.

There is a Neutral Fault in the circuit maybe where. :)

at the DB I use a Megger set to say HI and get a reading of 0.17ohms .

hmm so jokes are better than actuall finding the fault im guessing there is no takers then, the actual fault was at DNO OND rofl, yep its a neutral fault, mains incomer Neutral was not connected.

The megger reading was a reading that is given as a two wire test and im thinking the fault would have been better with a three wire test.

Shame no real sparks touched this only touch simple expos.

No comments will be read after this, Night Night all....

Yes it was a neutral fault but the question was where in the circuit, the answer was brill, but remember you cant just say its a neutral fault then walk away, there has to be more investigation, Im glad you got this far knowing the chaps on here with a great sence of humor u all have.. LMAO..

Reply to Bit Of fun Problem.. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net