Bonding tray, basket | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bonding tray, basket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Job I'm on at moment they using basket, tray and trunking... They using a bit of every thing throughout a cable runs ie jumping from tray to basket then into trunking. None of it actually joining do the have to bond the containment even tho not joined. Cable type used is yy.

Reference numbers are from the BGB.
412.2.4.1 Does the cable have a non-conductive sheath then it's ok.......generally, the conductive parts of a metal cable tray or basket need not be earthed. Some conductive parts of a metal cable support system may be earthed, however by virtue of fortutious contact with exposed-conductive-parts.
543.2.2 if your using the tray as an earth path then it needs to be connected to earth.
411.3.1.2 If the tray can introduce a potential from outside the location then bond to earth.

Reference numbers are from the BGB.
412.2.4.1 Does the cable have a non-conductive sheath then it's ok.......generally, the conductive parts of a metal cable tray or basket need not be earthed. Some conductive parts of a metal cable support system may be earthed, however by virtue of fortutious contact with exposed-conductive-parts.
543.2.2 if your using the tray as an earth path then it needs to be connected to earth.
411.3.1.2 If the tray can introduce a potential from outside the location then bond to earth.

Just goes to show how even the regulation standards have dropped over the years!!

I would'nt even dream of leaving a metal containmeent system that's carring LV or MV cables unearthed, and never have....

continuous!!

^^^ This !!!

a sign of of a quality install is all metal containment with no jumps / gaps / breaks !
which also has the added benefit of not needing to fit millions of individual earth tags and provides a much superior cpc if needed.

should look like something i knocked up on my last big project.............

[ElectriciansForums.net] Bonding tray, basket

cables tied to fixed ladder-come on!

- - - Updated - - -

is the ladder earthed?

there is no ladder , its all tray.
all exposed metalwork is earthed.

you still havent posted pics of your own work to show us all how its done instead you obviously prefer to hide behind a few pathetic critisizing posts.
come back when you can bring something of substance to the table.
needs more tie wraps ? lol is that all youve got ?

there is no ladder , its all tray.
all exposed metalwork is earthed.

you still havent posted pics of your own work to show us all how its done instead you obviously prefer to hide behind a few pathetic critisizing posts.
come back when you can bring something of substance to the table.
needs more tie wraps ? lol is that all youve got ?
im not talking about ladder racking, its the personel access ladder with the cage around it,youve get cable attached to it. bad parctice!

Reply to Bonding tray, basket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net