bungalow rewire | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss bungalow rewire in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

stv292

-
Reaction score
hi

any1 got a rough ball park figure of a full rewire on a bungalow, cheers

Also depends on the area you are working and the spec on materials, number of circuits etc.

I have done a 2 bed for just over 2.5k before but it was very basic, on the other hand my uncle had his bungalow rewired and it was a big spec, think he paid around 5k for it (lots of high spec accessories).

I've recently finished one and the total was £2160 (6 circuits) and that included a PIR first. The price was low because the home owner did the socket box bashing, etc and helped me pull all the cables.

All depends on where you live within the UK id say too

To me up here in the north east anything over 2k is expensive for a 2 bed bungalow rewire

Further down south expect to pay them premiums

forest of dean, we already have it but been unintentionaly undercutting ourselves so want to put a half decent but resanable price in. yeah bungalows are great to rewire

I have a three bed bungalow to do it Birmingham in a couple of weeks. Priced as a basic job, unoccupied, no cooker or shower circuits, and I'm meeting him the week before I start work so that he can give me the final requirements for anything additional to the basics (socket types, outside light etc etc). They've just bought it and wanted to discuss it between themselves to finalise the spec, but needed quotes.

So going on the above the quote of £2200:00 was accepted, and he's aware and happy that anything he adds to the basic circuits with white plastic fronts will be extra.

Dude, don't just go throwing a round number at a job. Work out how much you wanna charge per socket/light and do an itemised quote, saves any disagreement when you invoice.
Rough guide:
Socket: £50
Downlight: £50
Pendant and switch £100
40A Cooker feed and Isolator £80
C/U: £280 (C/U on a rewire, charge more for C/U upgrade on old wiring)

Obviously if you live up north divide these figure by 10......

You get my drift...

Dude, don't just go throwing a round number at a job. Work out how much you wanna charge per socket/light and do an itemised quote, saves any disagreement when you invoice.
Rough guide:
Socket: £50
Downlight: £50
Pendant and switch £100
40A Cooker feed and Isolator £80
C/U: £280 (C/U on a rewire, charge more for C/U upgrade on old wiring)

Obviously if you live up north divide these figure by 10......

You get my drift...

Take it aimed that at the OP, Dude!

Reply to bungalow rewire in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net