Burried SWA for a log cabin | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Burried SWA for a log cabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gringoking88

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope someone can give me clarity around the need to bury an SWA cable please.

I've been asked to install an 4mm SWA from the main DB to a "to be built log cabin" at the end of the garden about 50m away, it will need to run along a fence for most the route (or underground).

I called NICEIC to clarify and they advised I cant clip it to the fence incase it falls down, cant leave it on the surface due to rodents and have to bury it for the entire length. My question is reg 522.8.10 says "burried cables shall be buried to a sufficient depth to avoid being damaged...." what do you guys call a sufficient depth and whats your thoughts about rodents chewing through SWA armour???

Basically what do you guys do in these cases??...

Many thanks,

M

Oh, maybe they've relaxed the rules a bit. They told me I couldn't register as an AC as a sole trader a few years ago.
Just about every rule seems to have been relaxed over the last few years. Every rule, with the exception of having to pay annual subs to the CPS

Reply to Burried SWA for a log cabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back