Cable and MCB size for oven and hob | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cable and MCB size for oven and hob in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good afternoon.
I'm fitting a new kitchen with a new hob and oven. I hope to use just 1 isolation switch for both appliances. Together the wattage size is almost 11kW.
Do I need 10mm cable with a 50A MCB?
Is that right?
Thanks.

Great thanks.
The appliances are a Neff N70 hob and Neff N70 oven.
Does the manufacturer specify anything, other than the norm 'consult a qualified electrician'?

From my quick googling, it would be ok, as long as the cooker control doesn't have a socket outlets. Its 9.3kW for the hob, 3.45kW for the oven?

Last edited:
It says consultant a qualified electrician. It also gives the wattage as 3.45kW for the oven and 7.4kW for the hob.
Seems ok then. I got 9.3kW for the hob? Go for the dual outlet plate as already suggested.

If I recall, Neff don't supply final connection cables. So some suitable sized flexible cable should be sourced.

Reply to Cable and MCB size for oven and hob in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net