Can Anyone Help Napit? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Can Anyone Help Napit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is too much information to relay onto a thread such as this, so I will be using LinkedIn. I do have the formal documents that will need to be redacted but if you are interested enough, send me an email.

[email protected]

My first LinkedIn Post below.

I have joined LinkedIn to assist Tipan in upholding compliance standards. It has been noted that the individual responsible for the statement below is no longer at Tipan.

Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

"The element of this which directly relates to the finding of noncompliance is that any completed work (e.g. energised circuits) should be tested and certified irrespective of payment."

In accordance with A.6.2, the certification body must gather sufficient objective evidence to support a certification decision.

Referencing BS7671, it is highlighted on Page 23, 134.2.1 that appropriate inspection and testing must be conducted during erection and upon completion of an installation, addition, or alteration before it is commissioned.

Furthermore, Page 230, 641.1 emphasizes the necessity for inspection and testing of every installation to ensure compliance with regulations before being put into operation.

For additions or alterations to existing installations, as stated on Page 230, 641.5, it is essential to verify compliance with regulations and confirm that safety standards are maintained.

Upon completion of verification as per regulations 641.1 to 641.6, a certificate must be prepared, as outlined on Page 230, 641.7.

Your insights and assistance on this compliance matter are valuable and appreciated. Thank you in advance for any support you can provide

I forgot to say there are many variations of the reason for suspension.

This one is the most recent example that was outlined in a response to a solicitors letter.

The formal suspension letter “not handling the complaint in a timely manner”

The complaint lasted 23 Days. The complainant would not allow me into the property from day 1 - day 18.

I've gone through all your Linked In posts again to see if I could grasp things the 2nd time.

Result:I can't.

#isitcompliance? #who knows

I have not asked for support. Everyone has BS7671 and the statement he made. I am asking if this objective evidence can be found within BS7671.
I think that you are asking for comments on the statement "any energised circuit in all circumstances is completed work and requires certification" regardless of if its part of a larger installation."

What was your customer's original complaint?
When Napit got involved, were they originally bothered about lack of certification existing, or failure to issue certification to your customer?

The first part of chapter 64 makes it fairly clear that we test and inspect "during erection and on completion", and prepare a certificate (641.7). Fairly plainly there aren't any circumstances where we shouldn't have test results for an energised circuit. Note the word in that section is "prepare" and not "issue".

As you've said, 644.1 says we issue the certificate to the person ordering the work when the work is complete.

Further comments would depend on the actual events.
-Did you have test results and were withholding them?
-Did you test and not record results prior to energisation intending to do a final round of testing for everything?
-Did you just energise intending to test later?

Would you care to tell us what actually happened? It's blowing my mind a little that this incident has escalated to the degree that it has.

I will reply to this when I am home but Linkedin is the best place to make the relevant people aware of what has happened and it seems a director at UKAS and the BBC have viewed my profile so I’m happy

I will reply to this when I am home but Linkedin is the best place to make the relevant people aware of what has happened and it seems a director at UKAS and the BBC have viewed my profile so I’m happy
If you've not looked too closely at the BBC viewer, don't get too excited... it could just be me.

Napit, IET, Electrical Safety First, UKAS, BBC have viewed, among others. You are under your business name, as it is filtered by company. I do wonder why the BBC though, 🤔

Napit, IET, Electrical Safety First, UKAS, BBC have viewed, among others. You are under your business name, as it is filtered by company. I do wonder why the BBC though, 🤔
Why the BBC? If it's me, it's simply because I work for them at the moment. If it's not me then maybe someone from a content team is taking an interest. They have in the past taken an interest in things related to the industry (think things like dragging Emma Clancey I think it was from the NICEIC in front of Parliamentary select committees etc.) so it wouldn't be unheard of.

When do we get the story on this ?

35 posts and we are none the wiser.

Reactions: DPG
Why the BBC? If it's me, it's simply because I work for them at the moment. If it's not me then maybe someone from a content team is taking an interest. They have in the past taken an interest in things related to the industry (think things like dragging Emma Clancey I think it was from the NICEIC in front of Parliamentary select committees etc.) so it wouldn't be unheard of.
35 posts and we are none the wiser.
It has been presented in this way due to it being an ongoing dispute so i don't want to be so specific.

The articles can be read in first persons view of what happened and the Guidance Documents can be based on similar events.

How the dispute began - The Complicit Tipan: Fraud? Not my problem.

Might have to get Mulder and Sculley involved this is a complete mystery.
Are you actually involved in this circus?

Might have to get Mulder and Sculley involved this is a complete mystery.
Are you actually involved in this circus?
It has gone far beyond just the dispute with the customer to be honest. It started October 2023 and it is still ongoing. Most of the information is to show their actions. Tipan are accredited to UKAS (like someone would be to NICEIC for example).

Have a look into ISO17065 and ISO9001 Standards if you can find them online. If a CAB such as TIpan does not follow these, they can be suspended or withdrawn from UKAS accedaiton.

UKAS are the sole accreditation body, ISO17065/9001 in comparison, is our BS7671.

It has gone far beyond just the dispute with the customer to be honest. It started October 2023 and it is still ongoing. Most of the information is to show their actions. Tipan are accredited to UKAS (like someone would be to NICEIC for example).

Have a look into ISO17065 and ISO9001 Standards if you can find them online. If a CAB such as TIpan does not follow these, they can be suspended or withdrawn from UKAS accedaiton.

UKAS are the sole accreditation body, ISO17065/9001 in comparison, is our BS7671.
I don't want to look at standards we want the story so we can make an opinion but you obviously are not going to do this.

@Thetalesoftipan is this a fair summary of how it started, obtained by looking at the link you posted, and other websites where you are mentioned by name:

Your client triggered Napit for reasons unclear and Napit investigated an allegation that you left circuits energised after completing minor works without testing or issuing certification.
You told the client and Napit that you had carried out tests but further testing was required to complete the certificate.
A week later Napit's compliance panel meets and decides it's still not tested and certified and suspends you.

You think that Napit should have taken into consideration that you were trying to get access to complete the tests, and they shouldn't have been black/white about it when deciding "it's still not tested" after what they deem to be an untimely duration.
--
If this all started with lack of MWC's then words fail me. Surely "LIM" on certificate or results you didn't have and a covering letter would have avoided all of this drama.
I'm also staggered that you as a ~27 year old sole trader considers that trying to demonstrate that Napit isn't meeting their UKAS obligations is a good use of your time and effort.
(Finally next time an organisation is investigating you I'd suggest you consider being civil to them and avoid inflammatory comments e.g. calling them 'completely negligent'.)

I doubt very much UKAs would suspend or withdraw their accreditation because of a disgruntled former member.

Why don't you try NICEIC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can Anyone Help Napit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back