Can Anyone Help Napit? | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Can Anyone Help Napit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 9 years I will be retired. I plan to spend lots of time in the garden, travel and have a beer in the pub on a Sunday lunchtime.

I expect I will find myself with some free time at some point during that time, and I shall read all of your tales then :)

In 9 years I will be retired. I plan to spend lots of time in the garden, travel and have a beer in the pub on a Sunday lunchtime.

I expect I will find myself with some free time at some point during that time, and I shall read all of your tales then :)
As a taxi driver :) :)

I doubt very much UKAs would suspend or withdraw their accreditation because of a disgruntled former member.

Do you think the recent retirement of the coo, who is responsible, could be s a coincidence? Im not sure. We are around week 10 of Tipan being investigated.

He is now a freelance competency advocate as of three weeks ago. He was at Napit 17 Years 11 Months.

@Thetalesoftipan is this a fair summary of how it started, obtained by looking at the link you posted, and other websites where you are mentioned by name:

Your client triggered Napit for reasons unclear and Napit investigated an allegation that you left circuits energised after completing minor works without testing or issuing certification.
You told the client and Napit that you had carried out tests but further testing was required to complete the certificate.
A week later Napit's compliance panel meets and decides it's still not tested and certified and suspends you.

You think that Napit should have taken into consideration that you were trying to get access to complete the tests, and they shouldn't have been black/white about it when deciding "it's still not tested" after what they deem to be an untimely duration.
--
If this all started with lack of MWC's then words fail me. Surely "LIM" on certificate or results you didn't have and a covering letter would have avoided all of this drama.
I'm also staggered that you as a ~27 year old sole trader considers that trying to demonstrate that Napit isn't meeting their UKAS obligations is a good use of your time and effort.
(Finally next time an organisation is investigating you I'd suggest you consider being civil to them and avoid inflammatory comments e.g. calling them 'completely negligent'.)

Did you ready the Complicit Tipan? The work was not complete.

@Thetalesoftipan is this a fair summary of how it started, obtained by looking at the link you posted, and other websites where you are mentioned by name:

Your client triggered Napit for reasons unclear and Napit investigated an allegation that you left circuits energised after completing minor works without testing or issuing certification.
You told the client and Napit that you had carried out tests but further testing was required to complete the certificate.
A week later Napit's compliance panel meets and decides it's still not tested and certified and suspends you.

You think that Napit should have taken into consideration that you were trying to get access to complete the tests, and they shouldn't have been black/white about it when deciding "it's still not tested" after what they deem to be an untimely duration.
--
If this all started with lack of MWC's then words fail me. Surely "LIM" on certificate or results you didn't have and a covering letter would have avoided all of this drama.
I'm also staggered that you as a ~27 year old sole trader considers that trying to demonstrate that Napit isn't meeting their UKAS obligations is a good use of your time and effort.
(Finally next time an organisation is investigating you I'd suggest you consider being civil to them and avoid inflammatory comments e.g. calling them 'completely negligent'.)

Sadly your tale is wrong

Was it energised by you ??
Do you issue a certificate ever-time a certificate is energised while a job is ongoing?

Shocking how noone is concerned Tipan would have used a desktop based process to veriy a certificate.

Why would i send them readings if they would not verify them onsite when readings can be made up? i made this argument to them yet the refused to come, how could they be concerned of competency?

BS7671 states certificates need be verified by a reliable process, explain how that is possible from a computer hundreds of miles away.

Sadly your tale is wrong

Then as others have repeatedly asked, why don't you tell the full tale?

This is a discussion forum and four pages into this discussion not a single member has expressed meaningful interest in the information provided to this point. I could be wrong, but I'd contend that this isn't going to improve by continuing to be evasive about the full facts of this matter. Our industry primarily utilises mathematics and physical principles and while this doesn't mean we're incapable of empathy, it does indicate a propensity to resolve problems from an analytical perspective. As such, suspenseful structuring and withholding of information is unlikely to garner further interest.

I promised myself I'd remain silent, but this is one of those threads that will continually be pushed to the top of 'new content' by an OP who believes that continually repeating the same action will eventually yield different results.

Edit: In light of the last post, perhaps the 'tyranny of' @westward10 might actually put this sorry excuse for a discussion out of its misery.

Then as others have repeatedly asked, why don't you tell the full tale?

This is a discussion forum and four pages into this discussion not a single member has expressed meaningful interest in the information provided to this point. I could be wrong, but I'd contend that this isn't going to improve by continuing to be evasive about the full facts of this matter. Our industry primarily utilises mathematics and physical principles and while this doesn't mean we're incapable of empathy, it does indicate a propensity to resolve problems from an analytical perspective. As such, suspenseful structuring and withholding of information is unlikely to garner further interest.

I promised myself I'd remain silent, but this is one of those threads that will continually be pushed to the top of 'new content' by an OP who believes that continually repeating the same action will eventually yield different results.
Have you read the articles? Some are labelled as "5 min read" im not sure how i could even put it all on here

Do you think the recent retirement of the coo, who is responsible, could be s a coincidence? Im not sure. We are around week 10 of Tipan being investigated.

He is now a freelance competency advocate as of three weeks ago. He was at Napit 17 Years 11 Months.
If you think that your dispute with an organisation of that size is important enough for the CEO to resign or retire to avoid what? the publicity, the shame, the embarrassing failures of the company.

I have to say it, You are delusional and over inflate your self importance.
Go through the proper complaints procedure and come to a resolution.

Lets face it, when a disabled family of 5 have problems with their flight and are not able to board, Richard Branson is unlikely to decide that this is the straw that broke the camels back. Therefore being so embarrassed to head up virgin Atlantic he has to resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can Anyone Help Napit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks