Connect 2nd siren box | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rudie

Hi,

I have 1 front siren box and am considering connecting a second siren box at the rear. Can i feed a wire from the current siren box terminals to feed the new 2nd siren box?

Thanks.

no. call him back. keave a voicemail if necessary. tell him that if he has not come to sort his mess out within 7 days, you are reporting him to trading standards. that should get you a result.

ok, lets make a good job from a bad......there are 4 cables, so we have what we need, the strobe connection is not perfect but can be utilised from the bell neg. As you guys are most aware this guys not going to come back, so all we can do is to follow my diagram, link out the strobes and go from there. The system has its tampers and hold offs so the security issue is covered.

thanks tazz.

im not giving up hope yet. will give him until lunchtime before i call again.

you beat me to my next question which was - if he does come and fix/repair, how can i double check that this time he has done it right while he is still there?

So he has to connect another connection to BELL- (B) at the control panel and feed this to the siren box (via the upstairs pir where the wires are routed onto the siren box). and then the strobe walk test should work after this?

I'll have to make sure he washes his paws before he starts.

after a no show by the alarm guy on saturday, connected up this link yesterday as tazz states and have the strobe working (only tested under walk test). so assuming if the alarm goes off and stops after 15mins, the strobe will carry on working. i'll try and put up the 2nd bell box this weekend.

Do i need to change any of the jumpers on the siren box? the 1st one has BATT on, SAB on and LC off. do i replicate on the 2nd? im assuming the LC mode needs to be put on?

its low current mode. i think it said so it doesnt draw too much power from the main board. if i remember right, it reduces the siren pitch so you can run more than 1 siren box.

not that i know. the siren instructions should tell you the current draw. most panels should handle 2 sirens as long as the strobes are fed separately from the sounders.

telectrix : all feeds into siren box are separate to the original siren box, the 2nd will be connected as in tazz's diagram. im assuming that will be ok.
shocking_eg : haha, i best stock up on the spare fuses lol.

Reply to Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net