Connecting integrated kitchen appliances. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Connecting integrated kitchen appliances. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Solutions
Reaction score
I have seen these extensions in the kickspace under kitchen units to connect appliances. One I saw was hard wired into a junction box with flex secured supplying the integrated fridge. There was a hole cut in the unit the fridge was in with fridge's flex and plug dropping into the kickspace plugged into the extension. The extension was resting on a block of wood I assume to keep it off the floor in case of a water flood, which is sensible. It was convenient for sure, and electrically sound and easy to unplug the fridge or change its fuse.

My question is, this all within regs?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Connecting integrated kitchen appliances.

They are not suitable for direct connection to the mains supply.

In what way? Flex can be used as a radial or a final ring for sure. The Efixx people said the regs changed allowing flex in the 16th edition, having to check it first as they were not sure.

View: https://youtu.be/mNqz3Pw_144?t=170

But loose under a kitchen in a secure inaccessible area not prone to meddling?

As an aside. I have seen patress/sockets fitted upside down under kitchen units with an appliance plugged in. The sockets were firm and not moving - the British G type plug is excellent at making a good contact and keeping the plug in.
Is that permissible by the regs?

Reply to Connecting integrated kitchen appliances. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net