contactor/overload | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss contactor/overload in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ruddy nora ... this is raiding the archives -july 2010..... might have been better started as a new thread, think if threads dont have sticky then should have an expiry date possibly one yr.... ive recently twice had ppl suggesting alternative solution on posts from yrs ago where the replies were relevent for the time of print but differ now.

One forum I use locks the threads when they reach a certain age, allows the info to be searchable but not "resurrected"

One forum I use locks the threads when they reach a certain age, allows the info to be searchable but not "resurrected"

I only put that because i was recently quoted about under unit lighting and was suggested led would be better than my suggestion.... i replied that had they been available at the time of post 4yrs ago im pretty sure that would of also been my recommendation.... its not a issue really most of the time but when advice starts to span different editions of the regs then brings 4-5yr old threads up will just get the new sparkies all dizzy.

Yep, I can see with changing regs over the years there could be confusion but the date of every thread is given on the main index page and every post also has the age on it so there shouldn't really be confusion. Lock/don't lock, swings and roundabouts I suppose.

I'm a member of a few Urbex sites. They all lock threads after 6 months to everyone except the OP. If the OP has new information the thread is reopened to everyone.

These thread resurrections are annoying, they should be locked...

I only put that because i was recently quoted about under unit lighting and was suggested led would be better than my suggestion.... i replied that had they been available at the time of post 4yrs ago im pretty sure that would of also been my recommendation....

Ha ha that is funny...

Reply to contactor/overload in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net