DIY: Halogen spot not working | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss DIY: Halogen spot not working in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tim75

-
Reaction score
Afternoon chaps.

I've just put up a 3-lamp halogen fitting and it's not working, I've tested from switch to lamp insert with a volt stick and there's current all the way. The contacts at the inserts seem fine as it's a new fitting, I've tried both 50w & 20w (GU10) lamps in it and getting zero results.

I'm stumped, any clues?

your voltstick will light if there's L. it can't tell you if there's no N. apart from being totally unreliable anyway. best advice is to get a local sparks in. won't cost much. sure there's a forum member near you if you post your location.

Playing around with electricity can be lethal, as I'm sure you are aware. If your previous fitting worked, but your new one doesn't, then it's quite likely that you have not connected it correctly.
Please get a qualified electrician out to sort the problem.

The day I call an electrician out who charges me £80 to put up a £10 light fitting in 3 minutes, wombles will be ice skating in Hell.

Good day, sir.

And good bye to you as well.

Hope you have fun telling the man with the white wig and black gown why you killed someone the next time you play with electrics and you haven't a clue what you was doing.

As an aside, I'm continually surprised at the number of metal GU10 light fittings I come across where the CPC has not been connected. Yesterday I corrected one; last Friday I corrected another.

Reply to DIY: Halogen spot not working in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net