Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! | Page 269 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Arms
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Currently doing a EICR at my mums as she wants the board changing and moving from under the stairs.

Recently she had a garden room built and they took the power by spurring off an outdoor socket.

Now I’m hazarding a guess they didn’t bother their arses to check the circuit prior. Because there’s no minor works Cert for a start and even with that ‘spur’ disconnected I still get massive reading on the CPC - CPC.

It starts at 2.77k-ohms and gradually creeps up to around 2.95k-ohms, then jumps to 4.11k-ohms before settling at 3.77k-ohms.

Can’t wait to go hunting for this fault as loads of the sockets are inaccessible and means emptying rooms. 🙄🙄

L-L & N-N get same reading.

CPC - CPC gets this.

Last edited:
I’ve also just found there are 17 sockets spur’d off the ring at various points with at least 3 double sockets taken on each spur around the ring . With no fuse in between any.

Plus several JBs. I think my mum might regret asking me to do this. 😂
Yes son but it all works fine, never had any problems.

Try a wader lead to as many socket screws (or test plug E pin) as you can get to without major excavation, you might just get lucky in tracking down the break and find it is at the back of a socket or FCU.

Try a wader lead to as many socket screws (or test plug E pin) as you can get to without major excavation, you might just get lucky in tracking down the break and find it is at the back of a socket or FCU.
I just bought a new set of chest waders, cost a not inconsiderable amount of my fishing budget for the next couple of years. 🤣

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks