Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! | Page 282 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Arms
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Is that multiple T&Es being used as tails?
a twin and earth went to an old MEM fuse isolator for the water heater and what looked like a few sets of about 4mm singles (in imperial size), to two 4way rewireable fuse boxes

Cant believe the meter guy wired them back up to a new meter and isolator, but hey at least the main bonding was done!

Can you get our light working?

Interesting replacing these knackered fluorescent boxes with led frames.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!
    IMG_3922.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 27
Can you get our light working?

Interesting replacing these knackered fluorescent boxes with led frames.
View attachment 106191
View attachment 106193
Been back today to replace isolate the circuit and replace one fitting with led frame.
Awful job trying fix the frame to lath and plaster ceiling and meet up with existing stuff. Besides that, two circuits involved and one fitting looped off without earth (earth in connector)...after linking both circuit earths. Old colours original circuit.

Last edited:
Best thing with lathe, pepper the fitting with holes and hope at least three get a bite.
Agree, but a bit more difficult with the replacement 'fit together' frame about an inch wide with no back.

Managed it...I think it's a 2 man job though. Drilled a couple more fix holes to line up with a joist and then a bit of head balancing.

Last edited:
Lovely days work sorting all that lot out

Assuming its not Eco7, you could fit a lovely Rcbo board an replace those 3 x 3036 boards and do away with all those tails splitters
Yes thats the intention but there are lots of other problems that need looking at as there are sub main feeds to a kitchen and stables Pme earthing, tails from cut out are around 15mtrs running through fabric, etc etc

The E7 is still there, but not used any more.

Yes thats the intention but there are lots of other problems that need looking at as there are sub main feeds to a kitchen and stables Pme earthing, tails from cut out are around 15mtrs running through fabric, etc etc
It has an astonish "this has grown and mutated for 50 years" look to it, with never a "lets do it properly" stage!

The E7 is still there, but not used any more.
I guess even if they had/wanted that then @Dustydazzler 's suggestion could work with a dual-row RCBO board if needed?

It has an astonish "this has grown and mutated for 50 years" look to it, with never a "lets do it properly" stage!

I guess even if they had/wanted that then @Dustydazzler 's suggestion could work with a dual-row RCBO board if needed?
Spot on, did over the last 45yrs or so.
Not due to be done yet but joined to a cottage which I have to try to sort out.

If you do this job then a series of time-lapse images from start to finish would be nice to watch. And a few remarks and comments by each perhaps in way of a master-class.
It's not due to be done for a while, but I will do as you suggest, there are more than a few problems that need to be addressed first.

post #7,000 is the adjoining cottage, which feeds a sub main to another cottage.

I don't know about Master class though :)

Last edited:

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks