Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! | Page 400 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Arms
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

It wasn't the landlord that hired me it was this idiot I only found out it's a renter through someone else.

I won't be going back, that's for sure, but I'm around £400 down.
No need for that. Send invoice. £400 is £400

You’re a sparky, not a charity

I thought I'd been caught out in a similar way recently, found out half way through a pig of an EICR that he was renting the place.
There were so many issues it wasn't worth continuing with it anyway.
Gave up went home and asked him to get the landlord to contact me. I nearly fell over when he did and gave the go ahead for a rewire.
My spider senses got it all wrong on that one. 🤣

When designing these things they should not put the Line and Earth so close together. 😱. But nice sleaving.
The problem is more to do with the installer, not the designer.

The sleeving would only be nice if it weren't oversized and not joined at the back box.

As part of a quick 'refurb' (ie changing socket fronts) for a client, I did what I thought would be a simple extend surface socket (on RFC) from skirting up to flush in wall above.

Tugged the cables to get extra length, and this appeared from beneath the floor:

View attachment 99151

View attachment 99152

Not only were the wires just twisted together and taped over, they also managed to add the two new cables feeding the socket as a figure of 8 from the existing RFC🤦‍♂️

Just goes to show - would not have been detected by testing when I get to changing the board, unless I'd done a ring continuity test at this specific socket, which would have been 0.001 I'd guess...

R1+R2 might have been a little different than on the rest of the ring, but likely not enough to throw up a concern.
At least it was a maintenance free junction!😆

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back