Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! | Page 321 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Arms
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Not great. At least the gas valve there is turned off.
At least it HAS a gas valve. A few years ago in our rental flat the hob developed a leak. No gas valve, so had to pay someone to come in and disconnect it temporarily while I bought a new one, then pay them to come back and fit the new one. Asked if he could fit a valve and told no, no room for it (which to be fair was probably correct without pulling units out to alter the pipework.

Next image….

The plug flex goes into the fcu, supplying it backwards… then buried t&e up to this lightswitch.
Up the wall, the left turn and buried in the plaster around the edge corner of the chimney breast to feed the spotlights.

Guess where the rawlplug is holding the spotlights up.

All this has been stripped out. But I’ve discovering more and more strange things in this flat.

This week's collection:
1 - sent by my assistant in his holiday let. Many questions come to mind and that's before you read the label.
I asked him if it was an SPD tester.

2 - I don't think I've ever found 3 live sources over a single downlight before... 2 transformers with primary energised, secondary failed on one, both bulb holders still connected, and in addition a live GU10 bulb holder...

3 - The worst quote of the week in terms of expected time taken, adding a 2nd light switch other end of garage, how hard can it be? New switch and 3 core ran in about 25 minutes. Then I took the cover of the existing 1 gang switch... and this wasn't what I was expecting. Rather impressive! The 1mm T+E was eventually traced to an outside socket "for Christmas stuff".

This week's collection:
1 - sent by my assistant in his holiday let. Many questions come to mind and that's before you read the label.
I asked him if it was an SPD tester.

View attachment 118042
I know the UK weather isn't the best at times but lightning strikes on demand is going a bit too far

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back