domestic | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rugbynick

During a consumer unit change today in the ground floor flat of a basement, ground and first conversion we had problems with continuity on ring. I am assuming that there may be some sockets from this circuit in the upstairs flat. This is based on the fact that the upstairs lights and hot water are fed from the ground floor. The owner has been in there four years and must have been paying for her neighbours electric all the time. We need to return to complete but has anyone any ideas on this scenario?

I'd say responsibility lies with the builder/original electrician but if they're not clever enough to make sure one installation covers only one flat I'd not hope too hard

Reply to domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Fellow electricians - an update. First a big thank you to baldelectrician for the excellent recommendation. Mr K ON was spot on and Megan has...
2 3
Replies
Views
I believe that if some how can go up on your wire size from the transformer to your place it would make a huge difference in your voltage...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks