Dont mess with the incomer! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dont mess with the incomer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dave 85

Started my first job for a new builder today (nice guy). I was wiring some lights in a conservatory while he was behind me attacking the concrete floor with a hammer and chisel.
BANG!!!
wtf?!!
Poor guy is now on the other side of the room, straight through a sheet of platerboard, right hand completely black up to the elbow, eybrows burnt off, front of his hair singed, white as a sheet and shaking.

He was up and about afterwards, had to go to special burns unit. Not heard how much damage was done to his hand but it wasn't a pretty sight.

The cold chisel (uninsulated) was a good inch shorter.

The power was cut to the house but my volt stick showed the incomer was still live so not sure if the blast severed the live core or what.

Scary stuff.

wasnt there a recent question where someone was asking about doing nearly the same thign with Lead cable and he was given "Advice" ranging from "just do it" to "CALL THE DNO ITS LIBLE TO GO BANG!!!"

skiped through the thread,, laughted at some posts,, but seriously, hope his ok... was there any indication of a cable being in that position??? if not then I think the DNO should put their hands in their pockets..
(again as i said skiped through so might have missed somthing)

skiped through the thread,, laughted at some posts,, but seriously, hope his ok... was there any indication of a cable being in that position??? if not then I think the DNO should put their hands in their pockets..
Yes you skipped too much he was trying to dig around dno cable so he could get it closer to wall .... all blame on the labourer

I think you need to look at the pictures!

The cable is on bloody visible, a partially sighted man could see it.

exploding hand tools.....seen that before.....its surprising how quick a solid lump of metal will turn to smoke with even household voltage supplies....the supply was supposed to be cut off? I don't like when cables get rolled out and then concrete or cement screed put over them, that could get removed with a chisel or a breaker drill one day and split.

I don't like cables put in like that poking out of the floor...

Where is this conservatory? The front of the house? Don't all incomes come into the front?

I have seen them come in to property's in just about every way possible , even looped in from the neighbours kitchen laid under the kitchen units through the wall then again laid under their kitchen units and finally going up the wall into the service head mounted in a high level cupboard !?

Reply to Dont mess with the incomer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks