Double immersion | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Double immersion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PRETEND SPARKS

Hi guys wonder if anyone come across this one, got called to a cylinder with two 3kw elements in it, both fed from a 32a
breaker to two fused spurs with 13a protection. The shop owner says that one of the spurs banged and after this
neither element now works. Firstly thought that the supply was adequate and secondly can't understand both now not working??? Any ideas anyone. The cylinder is made by joule.

No But there is an 8 stone security system in the cab, see avator for said system.

Aye, that's very impressive looking, but is he any good at putting fires out?? ;)

(that was almost a direct quote BTW from a little scroat who was operating a "protection racket" in the car park of a certain Working Mens' Club in Sunderland where we played one night.

We knew it was rough from past experience so this time the driver took his Alsatian along to look after the van while it was in the car park. Scroat wandered up and asked for money to "Look after your van mate". Driver pointed at the dog and replied "He's looking after it" and that was when the little sod made the now legendary quip about can the dog put fires out.

Are there any Mackem lads here who know if the Downhill Club still exists?? It's about 35 years since I was last there and it isn't a day too much!!

Aye, that's very impressive looking, but is he any good at putting fires out?? ;)

(that was almost a direct quote BTW from a little scroat who was operating a "protection racket" in the car park of a certain Working Mens' Club in Sunderland where we played one night.

We knew it was rough from past experience so this time the driver took his Alsatian along to look after the van while it was in the car park. Scroat wandered up and asked for money to "Look after your van mate". Driver pointed at the dog and replied "He's looking after it" and that was when the little sod made the now legendary quip about can the dog put fires out.

Are there any Mackem lads here who know if the Downhill Club still exists?? It's about 35 years since I was last there and it isn't a day too much!!
Afternoon fella

?? lol, I will guess and say I am not doing much, or I am not drinking anything yet? lol I doony speak Geordie haha
With me Mike i always feel like i've been drinking when i try to speak to Geordie

?? lol, I will guess and say I am not doing much, or I am not drinking anything yet? lol I doony speak Geordie haha

No no ... not at all hinny ..... it just "what is you fettle" - fettle meaning "state" or "condition", and "hinny" is a Geordie term of endearment / affection from the Norse (I think) word for hind - as in the deer.

The Norse used to visit us a lot in their longboats on their raping and pillaging excursions and some of their language sort of rubbed off on us.

Nowadays the don't use longboats - instead they come over on the DFDS ferry to North Shields most weekends to shop at the Metrocentre and every Christmas their King sends us a bloody big Christmas tree as a present - or at least he did, but I can't be sure if he still does.

EDIT ....... Wor Christmas tree from Norway: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mayor-bergen-turns-christmas-tree-6352942

and the history of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway–United_Kingdom_relations

Last edited by a moderator:
With me Mike i always feel like i've been drinking when i try to speak to Geordie

Oh come on .... I do water it down a lot for the benefit of the non-Geordie speakers and so does Wor Trev. If we ever got into full flow aall yer heids wud be puggled man!!!

BUT .... If a Staffie Pikey lass like Tidyboiler (heiress to a fairground dodgem track) can understand me there is still hope for the rest of you heathens!!

Oh come on .... I do water it down a lot for the benefit of the non-Geordie speakers and so does Wor Trev. If we ever got into full flow aall yer heids wud be puggled man!!!

BUT .... If a Staffie Pikey lass like Tidyboiler (heiress to a fairground dodgem track) can understand me there is still hope for the rest of you heathens!!

Piece of p****...... when you've had a brother-in-law who is a Black Country market trader...... anything's possible!!!! ;)

[ElectriciansForums.net] Double immersion
Originally Posted by GMES [ElectriciansForums.net] Double immersion
On a serious note though before the tree huggers jump on me for being flippant.
My set up in van at all times genuinley are;
at least 1 of 2 mft's
2 digital multimeters
1 analogue multimeter to show the digital ones to stop being pansies ( there is no voltage )
2 metrel combi checks voltage testers
1 200amp clamp
1 400amp clamp
1 x 2000amp clamp
2 socket n see

No excuses, yes i am like the terminator of the electrical world.

So where's your earth leakage clamp in that set up then?? I can't see how a journeyman electrician can get by these days without one...

Make it you're next purchase!! lol!!

You got me Eng although a little bit in my defence i don't do domestic most of my work is industrial 3 phase, so although i obviously do work with rcd's and rcbos i dont have problems with them on a daily basis.
I will be getting one , but in my defense i spent £ 700.00 on a 2nd Mft last week .
Ps i cant believe you pulled my impressive list up on that point, but i wont bite, so pi$$ off and pick on the Voltstick brigade lol.
Oh On 2nd Ps, Eng, what is your recommendation for a reasonably priced one.

Reply to Double immersion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net