easy jobs being an electrician | Page 5 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss easy jobs being an electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

currently working in domestic and commercial and everyday coming home with dead hands im only 19 dont fancy that the rest of my life. any ideas on easy jobs i can integrate electrical with? pat testing seems ok but people always ask for the c&g qual "i did a post about this" any ideas fellas!

Trying to work out whether you are a winger or a worker but will give you benefit of the doubt and say get a new job with more money doing some different electrical work to gain experiences before you take the 2395 especially or you won't have "relevant experience to know what you are inspecting. I am 64 my hands still ache but I take the positive attitude that I have got the most I can out of the day and earned my crust. Insp and test is not an easy ride if done correctly ---- Set your standards high and go for them. You can't make an Orange out of a Lemon so decide which you are going to be Lad !

Got to add get your bloody driving licence done. That bit of paper can be worth as much as all your electrical qualifications. It would not surprise me if your boss is paying you rubbish wages in the knowledge that you don't drive so are VERY limited on what other companies and jobs you could go for. It need not cost the earth either as a few lessons backed up by getting someone to take you out in their car for practice should do the job. I think it took me 5 paid lessons and 2 tests to pass (Failed the 1st but it was rigged haha). Driving is not hard and once you have that licence you open up a whole new world.

Got to add get your bloody driving licence done. That bit of paper can be worth as much as all your electrical qualifications. It would not surprise me if your boss is paying you rubbish wages in the knowledge that you don't drive so are VERY limited on what other companies and jobs you could go for. It need not cost the earth either as a few lessons backed up by getting someone to take you out in their car for practice should do the job. I think it took me 5 paid lessons and 2 tests to pass (Failed the 1st but it was rigged haha). Driving is not hard and once you have that licence you open up a whole new world.

I couldn't agree more. Mobility, experience and exams passed are the key.

Matey you are only 19 so learn to walk properly before you try to run!

I wouldn't do the getting a mate or family member to give driving lessons thing. Every driver has bad habits and they will teach you them, not deliberately but they will. Pay for an instructor to teach you how to pass your test. The rest will fall into place from there.
After all, we wouldn't be advising this lad to take installation advice from a Electrical Trainee would we.

i could rewire a domestic house easily on my own. but i do need more experience in commercial and industry. and atm im ook with testing. but i need to find out more stuff that interfere with testing but that comes more you work XD

so once i get my driving license. with my current quals and experience what should i be earning. i was speaking to a company and they said not many insure anyone under 25 to drive there vans etc so i would need a little run around

i could rewire a domestic house easily on my own. but i do need more experience in commercial and industry. and atm im ook with testing. but i need to find out more stuff that interfere with testing but that comes more you work XD

so once i get my driving license. with my current quals and experience what should i be earning. i was speaking to a company and they said not many insure anyone under 25 to drive there vans etc so i would need a little run around
the 25 is just the cost mate, its a lot more expensive for a van and the price drops a lot when you hit 25.

your better off getting a car and insuring it even if you only use it driving to the shops because the no claims drops the cost a lot.

an astra estate seems to be what everyone drives so thats what i would look at

astra estate would be nice ahha XD just lately been seeing alot of money just go out and nothing to spend for my self what i need now is my driving lessons , 2394 , 2395 and few other tools but its getting the money for them now bit which is anoyying me. once i have them i should be fine :p

Still a decent take home wage despite the hours in my opinion. I hated to admit it when I was 19 but you generally are paid what you are worth as you have little value to add to a company until you are a bit older. Seems harsh but true.

Its called Life son
often people tell you how much dosh they make for doing very little, but they dont always tell the truth
I work long hours, dont pay much tax as I keep my charges down, but I have a quality of life and nice clients, and I get time to wander around Europe on my motorcycle
and often I am humbled at what i see
visit tyne Cot and you will understand
so either man up or join the REME and they will do it for you
youngsters today they dont know they are born

reason im moaning a bit is im on 50 to 70 pound a day and i work 12,15 hours a day and have maybe 45 mins break in total. Im getting offered computer jobs that are 7 hours work a day and you can make 90 but i hate computers been on them to much and would rather use my qualifacations to something abit better just at the moment

just anoyyes me people making more money then me that do jack ****. does anyone get what i mean?

once i can drive and get a van il be sound as but still....insurance for a van at 19

I have a little part time number which fits alongside my electrical business. It's ideal for all tradesmen actually. And before long I'm going to be sacking the sparky work and doing it full-time. Let me know if you're interested. Can give you details of how to get into it.

After reading about a woman who makes £7k a month off an 0898 sex chat line I'm trying to get Mrs Trev to start one but she's having none of it up to now.
Lazy bugger, she could talk to ---- fantasists while doing the bloody ironing.
:)

Reply to easy jobs being an electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net