Electric Hand Dryers | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Electric Hand Dryers in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fixed equipment, and not a special location, no need for RCBO unless disconnection times cannot be met IMO, however I would fit RCBOs if they were obtainable.

Just a thought, do the manf's instructions stipulate RCD protection required? Daz

i haven't looked mate. but i'm gonna put them anyway for piece of mind. i've managed to fine some for £16 each at screwfix ;)

Make sure that the circuit that you are joining in to isn't RCD protected before you fit RCD spurs, or you may end up going backwards and forwards to reset one or the other due to discrimination.

Cheers.............Howard

its a small building that teaches english to foreigners. no rcd protection. fuseboards are old mcb types so you cant get rcbo's for them.

believe it or not the fuse boards for 2 of the 4 toilets are, yes you guessed it, in a door inside the toilet. lol. so could possibly supply them 2 direct from fuse board, although don't think there are spare ways

Do those 2 fuse boards supply the ring circuits for the 4 hand dryers your planning on installing?? If so, mount the two RCDs at the side of the CUs. That will serve your purpose and provide additional protection to the two ring circuits as a whole!! Material wise, cheaper too!! lol!!

i haven't looked mate. but i'm gonna put them anyway for piece of mind. i've managed to fine some for £16 each at screwfix ;)

At that price you'll definitely need RCDs and a Fire Extinguisher mounted at the side of it.

Edit
Oh I take you mean RCDs at £16 not Driers..

Reply to Electric Hand Dryers in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net