Electrical Bathroom Wiring Drawing... Comments / Advise Please!!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electrical Bathroom Wiring Drawing... Comments / Advise Please!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DIYBlues

Hi Guys
I’m no electrician but I’m going to do some electrical work in my bathroom and understand the issues surrounding Part P and the building regulations. However I would rather be up front and say I’m still going to tackle it (although I’m not a complete novice at electrical work, replacing my Consumer Unit a few years ago and rewired my kitchen).
I’ve done a electrical drawing of how I think the wiring could be done, I will be using Wago Light boxes and Wago Junction boxes. The lights are 9w each and although the fan isolating switch shows it in the bathroom area they are actually going to be installed in the airing cupboard nearby.

Because of the extracting fan units (Timed) I’m going to take the power for the bathroom and on suite straight from its own 6amp MCB on the RCD unit (protected after the 30mA breaker on the RCD)

Please feel free to comment on the drawing and if I’ve gone wrong somewhere or I need to incorporate additional protection / fuse please let me know.

There may be one additional shaving socket in the main bathroom depending on which mirror/cabinet I purchase.

Regards
DIYBlues

[ElectriciansForums.net] Electrical Bathroom Wiring Drawing... Comments / Advise Please!!!!

Seems to me you gonna do it whatever, as you stated youre not an electrician, i am and i believe the years of training and retraining then updating the training would be pointless when i could get a internet forum to do the hard part for me

me tto. just 2 points.

1. manufacturers instructions for fans usually stipulate a 3A fuse, i.e FCU feeding bathroomlighting circuit so as to fuse protect both the perm. Land switched L to the fan.

2. for your downlights, use line downlight kit. at around £1 each for enclosure and connectors, far cheaper than wago boxes.

Seems to me you gonna do it whatever, as you stated youre not an electrician, i am and i believe the years of training and retraining then updating the training would be pointless when i could get a internet forum to do the hard part for me

What hard part are you going to do for him? It all looks ok to me. I know a few people coming out of college (completing level 3) that wouldn't have a clue how to do that.

Thoughts on certain other things put aside - what this demonstrates is that there are apparently quite competent people out there, but what a shame that SO many of the DI's can't make the same claim!!

Make sure you route the cables in the safe zones and install the correct lights, fans for the respective bathroom zones and locate the shaver sockets in the correct zone.

Inform the local building inspector about the work before you start and have it Inspected by the local Building inspector on completion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrical Bathroom Wiring Drawing... Comments / Advise Please!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net