Electronic Books | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electronic Books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What course or whatever are you doing matey?

What course or whatever are you doing matey?

I work in Fire and Security but I’m just looking at getting some books.

I’m looking to buy some electronic books. Would anyone have any recommendations?

You stated electronic rather than electrical, so I would start with this for electronics, perhaps an earlier version (2nd edition?) Which will be considerably cheaper (£20)

It is more about the practical application of electronic design rather than understanding the physics of semiconductors (which is ultimately more useful for future developments).

What are you studying in order to want electronics?

I took it to mean electronic books (ie. ebooks) on fire & security. But I may be wrong.

I took it to mean electronic books (ie. ebooks) on fire & security. But I may be wrong.
Ah OK that makes sense, never known them described as electronic books - just ebooks, ePUB, pdfs etc (although I did know what the 'e' stood for)

I’ve got those British Standard Books for Fire anyway. I’m just looking to get more into electronics, circuit boards. Even any good electrical books, I’ve been following someone online that builds control panels, for automation etc.

You stated electronic rather than electrical, so I would start with this for electronics, perhaps an earlier version (2nd edition?) Which will be considerably cheaper (£20)

It is more about the practical application of electronic design rather than understanding the physics of semiconductors (which is ultimately more useful for future developments).

What are you studying in order to want electronics?
I work in fire and security. I’m looking to get more involved with the PCBs etc.

I work in fire and security. I’m looking to get more involved with the PCBs etc.
I have since found the 3rd edition of the art of electronics in pdf online.

Won't link to it of course, but it's out there.

There are many people on YouTube who do quite simple electronics projects and include the pcb design, and final assembly and testing - some are a good overview.

For example:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35YuILUlfGs&t=1s&pp=2AEBkAIB

Perhaps not the simplest circuit, but a good overview.

Last edited:

Reply to Electronic Books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net