enhanced protection | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss enhanced protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

Hi, could someone tell me if rcd's are classed as enhanced protection? Thanks

additional protection is the correct term for an RCD (in that context).

Yes i have always took it as additional protection but on board schedule it asks if circuit is basic & fault protection, ticked yes for all as all circuits rcd protected but next to it has enhanced?

what 'board schedule' are you referring to?

i think he means the elecsa d/b schedule, according to the regs an example of enhanced protection is reinforced insulation

Reinforced insulation is classed as 'Basic and Fault protection'. Suggest you both have a read of GN3.

not being funny but dont need to read GN3 to tell me, just look in the BGB page 51, 410.3.2 note 2 it says, an example of an enhanced protective measure is reinforced insulation, on the elecsa d/b schedule it actually gives you 410.3.2 as a reference for it

Last edited:
waste of time asking me lol, i answered with what is states in the BGB which the actual elecsa d/b schedule sheet as a reference to for enhanced protection, but now being told i am wrong, so who is wrong elecsa and BGB or me for putting on here what it says, i can't win

look in BGB page 51 section 410.3.2 note 2, as i mentioned in the earlier post, if you have a look at the elecsa d/b schedule which you can down load of there site it as two rows of tick boxes 1 for basic & fault and 1 next to it for enhanced protection, it then actually says above these check boxes compliance with 410.3.2 which when you look it up in the BGB it says note 2 an example of enhanced protection is reinforced insulation i was only quoting what it says

Last edited:
[ElectriciansForums.net] enhanced protectioni think half the problem is elecsa's d/b schedule, if you see the attached image you will see you have 1 box for basic & fault and then 1 for enhanced, so if enhanced is basic and fault together there is no point in having a box for enhanced because you have already ticked the box for basic & fault

Reply to enhanced protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net