enhanced protection | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss enhanced protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

Hi, could someone tell me if rcd's are classed as enhanced protection? Thanks

Having just looked it up, I think the fault lies everywhere other than with any of us!! The BGB is effectively contradicting itself between 410.3.2 and the schedule of inspections on p395. There are a few other examples where it does this but I can't immediately think of them.

Would I lose sleep over it? No. Have I EVER used any of the schemes test sheets? No.

enhanced protection is basic and fault protection combined

First post guys, be gentle :teeth_smile:

I'm just getting back into the game and have been putting a DB schedule together based on the regs (514.9.1) and I found this "enhanced" bit confusing. As per the above quote enhanced is basic and fault protection combined, however the BGB doesn't really make it clear.

The problem lies with the wording of the Schedule of test results (BGB p395) under Methods of Protection against electric shock they have the heading Both basic and fault protection: in my opinion this should read Method of Enhanced protection

So going back to the DB schedule, if you complied with 410.3.2 by Basic protection and ADS you tick the Basic & Fault box and if you have used SELV,PELV, Double insulation or Reinforced insulation you tick the Enhanced box.

On a side note Why TF we need all this detail on a DB schedule is beyond me. :crazy:

Reply to enhanced protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net