Errrrr disgusting!!!!!! Nasty side of electrical work! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Errrrr disgusting!!!!!! Nasty side of electrical work! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys & gals,

So went to a call out the other day, fast food shop. Won't say wat fast food it was!! Anyway, one of the machines had stopped working. It was on its own dedicated circuit and the rcbo wouldn't turn on. So, I opened the cu (in a cellar) and a load of water peeed out. The bus bar and earth bar was green and so were a few of the cable terminations. So I suggested moving the board about a metre or so to the right. Easy enough job, as all the cables came from that way any way.

So i go round today to fit a couple a batttens to the wall with a piece of board on them for the cu.

The owner came down and wanted to see were the water was coming from. So i whipped my torch out and had a look into a cavity above and slightly behind the cu. I reached in to pull out what i thought was an old leather work mans glove!!!! Well i pulled this thing out and with a big girly screech, i dropped it to the floor. The owner bab'd himself, ha ha ha. It was only a big --- rat that had been dead for a long, long time.

The owner, still shaking, says to me "don't you like rats"? I said "not really that bothered about em but i don't want to be grabbing a dead one", hence the girly screech when i realised what it was.

So, what's the worst thing you guys ha e found, dead or alive, when doing a job?

Jay

I was drilling a hole into a loft space in an old farm house. Went up into the loft with my head torch on to check where I had come through. Next thing I know a bat came swooping down and just skimmed my head. You've never seen anybody run down a ladder so quickly!

Rewiring a chav pad in brighton years ago,they had a dog they used to shut in the kitchen while they were out. One day I heard a bit of a commotion and opened the kitchen door to investigate, Mutley had rolled the bin over and pulled out a used 'female item' and was running round the room shaking it like a terrier with a rat....bits of bloody fluff spread all over the place!....I shut the door and left it....Had to go without a cuppa for the rest of the day:frown2:

i also had to investigate a defective Bunny Burner, might have been a similar version but ours had a water flow through it which dissolved the "Rag" and after a set period it was masserated and flushed to the sewer!!

i looked at it! prodded it a few times and then went back to my boss who was female and told her she can fix that one as her genders ability to bleed broke it...! funnily enough she agreed and i heard no more...... YUK..!

I was laying in a tiny loft space with only about 2 feet clearance above me. Felt a tingling on my back and neck so rolled over and saw that I was covered in probably 300 baby spiders. I don't mind spiders as such, but I cracked my head on a joist trying to get out of there and very nearly had brown trousers.

opened a loft hatch once to find a wasps nest directly above it and it was huge it was about a foot above the loft hatch and was attatched to the room perlin it was about 5ft in height and 2 ft across and hummed put the wilies up me i can tell you loft hatch shut very quickly

I've been to some pretty generally disgusting houses too. Worst one was an old lady's house, floors and walls were caked in dog muck and there was rotting food and rubbish everywhere. I had to wear a gas mask whilst changing the CU. Rank. I felt sorry for her but was glad to get out of there. Never changed a CU so fast.

Reply to Errrrr disgusting!!!!!! Nasty side of electrical work! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net