EV consumer unit tails | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss EV consumer unit tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

My relation has had an EV charger fitted and upon me being nosey checking out the job I noticed something I thought I'd query with you guys.

-Her main cut out fuse is 100amp
-From the meter there is 25mm tails that go through DP isolator to Henley blocks.
-From the Henley blocks are 25mm tails feeding the main house consumer unit aswell as 10mm tails feeding a fusebox EV distribution board (soley for the car charger)with spd protection with a 6mm swa cable feeding the 7.4kw EV car charger.

My question is are 10mm meter tails safe as the supply to the Ev distribution board with the main cut out fuse being 100amp? I would have assumed 16mm tails minimum would have been used?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

It’s ok.

The 10mm tails are protected downstream in the ev did board. I presume a 32 or 40A OCPD?

If there’s a problem with the ev, that OCPD will trip protecting the 6mm downstream and the 10mm upstream.

Reply to EV consumer unit tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
The last couple of de-loops that I have been involved with had the single phase supply replaced with a three phase cutout (as I believe the DNOs...
Replies
Views
If two tariffs are sufficient, and you don't need too many ways, you can easily add an SPD kit to the Fusebox F2014DT dual tariff board. The only...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm not sure where this thread is going or what you are demonstrating is by an electrician or yourself. It doesn't really matter as the forum...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Normally you'd install either a fuse-switch or a switchfuse at the incoming supply position rather than a DB, this gives you some hope of...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
if the 3 spaces with charge points are always allocated to the same 3 flats, surely the easiest way is to run the supply to the load side of the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks