Extending Cables | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Extending Cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
I'm going to move a consumer unit and the. cables may or may not reach the new location, once its moved however the old location will no longer be accessible, If required I intend to extend any circuits using crimp connectors, any comments?

I'm going to move a consumer unit and the. cables may or may not reach the new location, once its moved however the old location will no longer be accessible, If required I intend to extend any circuits using crimp connectors, any comments?
GO maintenance free mate, through crimps are very good IMO, as are WAGOS also, I bet with a bit of wrangling you will make the majority extend to the new position, what do you intend to put the crimps in? a maintenance free enclosure?

Do they do MF for crimps ?
I think a crimped connection is considered MF by default - however - as Dave rightly says, it’s massively dependent on being done right to start with!

GO maintenance free mate, through crimps are very good IMO, as are WAGOS also, I bet with a bit of wrangling you will make the majority extend to the new position, what do you intend to put the crimps in? a maintenance free enclosure?
I will indeed. However you're right I'm going to wrangle :Dfor all I'm worth.

If your distance of move is more than a couple of feet then I can thoroughly recommend looking at the Wago relocation box. Not cheap, but worth it and so easy to use. Last one I did the CU moved from one corner to another and I was able to use singles in trunking between the two which made the 'new side' a dream.

If your distance of move is more than a couple of feet then I can thoroughly recommend looking at the Wago relocation box. Not cheap, but worth it and so easy to use. Last one I did the CU moved from one corner to another and I was able to use singles in trunking between the two which made the 'new side' a dream.
Thanks for that information I'll have a look at.

Reply to Extending Cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net