fan and isolator positioning | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fan and isolator positioning in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ineedhelp

Hi Everyone

Quick intro, I have recently started house bashing due to twice being made redundant first as an auto spark and second more recently a server electrician installing power systems to servers and the likes.

Anyway, A recent call took me to someone bathroom with a ceiling fan fault. Did the usual diagnosis and found fan unit to be faulty. My question is, both the fan (240v) and the isolator are positioned that they are in zone 2. Looking at my trusted greenie it seems that this set up does not conform (if i have interpreted it correctly that is). My dilemma is do I replace fan anyway or report this as not conforming and price up accordingly to correct such.

In commercial/industrial land we always worked on the philosophy " if i don't make the existing installation any worse then go ahead (within reason of course) but, Domestic land is a whole new beast and usually is last man frees all.

any help guys and gals would be much appreciated.

Reply to fan and isolator positioning in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I can borrow an mft if I ask nicely and offer more than its worth in beer, the problem is giving it back, it will have to be prised by my cold...
Replies
Views
B
Obviously not a professional job. However, trying to cross check your diagram with the junction box it would seem that you have crossed...
Replies
Views
GlenTavener
G
  • Question
I thought you meant it was the consumers tails (outgoing side of meter) not the DNO's side.
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
S
  • Question
Dno
If more of these where fitted then pulling fuses wouldn't be a problem
Replies
Views
RmBo_0
R
B
I've asked this question myself because it became an issue when doing a practice PIR on my own house in preparation for the 2391. I had to pull...
Replies
Views
WDMDL
W

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks