Friend got an electrical shock at work!! help!!! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Friend got an electrical shock at work!! help!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jake1992

Hi, need some help.
Friend of mine switch a switched (metal) and she got an electric shock. Her work are pushing it aside but she has found a report(paperwork) saying "it had no earth wire and it is dangerous. No earth, doesnt meet regs"

Apparently the lights she wanted to turn on never worked anyway.

Where does she stand with work? They are pushing the matter aside, and she doesnt know what to do.

Please if you can, quote the regs and reg numbers so i can tell her where she stands.

Cheers .
Jake

She was probably being serviced by the donkey sized office stud at the time, and it just so happened when, women have strange minds, she fancied switching the light on and at the same time she reached that special moment.
Electric Sex.

How come no-one else has received a shock from this light switch then??

As others here have stated this was probably a static induced shock and will have more to do with what the person receiving the shock was wearing than anything else....

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently at menstruation women have a 15% higher water content than men. In theory that makes them more conductive.

Ask you’re colleague if she was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (Never mind, I don’t want to know.)

Unless she has actually received an injury i.e. burns or she was up a ladder and it caused her to fall or such then she won't receive any compensation.
Is the conduit metal?
If others have used this switch and not got a shock then it is likely to be static.
If the conduit is plastic then there would be a requirement to run a cpc or use class 2 fittings.

Reply to Friend got an electrical shock at work!! help!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net