Getting Older and Slower | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Getting Older and Slower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I’m now 50 and find myself taking twice as long doing things that in my head should not be taking as long.
Not sure if it’s an age thing or a state of mind I also find myself double checking things more.
I know I may be comparing to my younger self, who was bought up on a diet of local authority occupied rewires and Bovis new builds, where speed was more of a priority than anything else.
I would now rather do a nice neat job rather than the fast that will do one.
Anyone else notice a slowdown or becoming more conscientious as the years go by?

Not just slower but everything gets harder (well, nearly everything!) as you get older. I just wish I was a youngster like you ;-) Just spent the day clambering over scaffolding taking out 3 400kV bushings.

yep I can bearly get myself off the floor these days when I sit on it to connect something up in a cupboard or under a sink etc, we just forget at times just how old we are getting

Reply to Getting Older and Slower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net