Gland banjo fitting | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Gland banjo fitting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

well im the same as you, and always link it to the bar with min of 4mm. i always try and avoid using armour as CPC anyway, but i have done in the past, and will probably do it again at some point.

yes, you can just bolt the flylead to the pyranha nut.

piranha nuts basicaly replace locknut and there is a connection from this to take a earth to cu terminal they are ideal for use on remidial works on P.I.R'S if no banjo was origianally fitted disconect circuit and replace locknut no need to remove swa from cu to fit banjo then drill and bolt then fly lead
earth.

The question is would a spark only bolt the banjo and not use a flying lead.but seen it done put it down to lazyness.even when using 3 core armour for earth i still gland earth flying lead at cu.
sorry for mis interpreting your post

Check post no1, this is exactly why I questioned it. Circuits using the armour as the CPC but no fly lead used.

I was under the impression that you are no longer supposed to bolt banjos to the case of db's because of compromising ip. Banjos ate supposed to be fitted on inside of db, tag bent back and earth tail bolted to it

Don't know how reliable that is

I was under the impression that you are no longer supposed to bolt banjos to the case of db's because of compromising ip. Banjos ate supposed to be fitted on inside of db, tag bent back and earth tail bolted to it

Don't know how reliable that is

IMO it would be just as reliable as bolting through the case without taking of any paint.

Can't see how putting a hole through the case and fitting a bolt is going to mess with its ip rating though

also earth tags/banjo,s are only ok for fault currents upto 10KA , so if youve got any large cables that could have fault currents above this your supposed to use glands with integral earth boss

Reply to Gland banjo fitting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net