Gold card confusion | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Gold card confusion in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Barnie

-
Reaction score
Hi, I have read so many things as to what to do next to obtain a gold card that I am confused. I have over 5 years electrical experience, I have 18th edition, 2391-52 and my AM2 and a few other qualifications. I was investigating the Experienced Worker Assessment but as I have an AM2, I am confused as to how to proceed. Can anyone clarify the situation please. Thanks

Hi, I have read so many things as to what to do next to obtain a gold card that I am confused. I have over 5 years electrical experience, I have 18th edition, 2391-52 and my AM2 and a few other qualifications. I was investigating the Experienced Worker Assessment but as I have an AM2, I am confused as to how to proceed. Can anyone clarify the situation please. Thanks

The details for the Gold Card are on the ECS website.

1. A JIB recognised Level 3 competency based UK qualification - see table below for more details or visit the non-UK qualifications page.
  2. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the HS&E Assessment page
  3. A recognised BS7671:2018 qualification.
You don't mention holding a Level 3 qualification?

I guess you may fall under this category?

A technical certificate on its own does not meet the full requirements of the industry apprenticeship standard or a Level 3 NVQ.

The Experienced Worker Assessment (that includes the Experienced Worker Qualification, BS7671, Inspection and Testing plus the AM2E) is required for anyone who is unable to provide full documented evidence of the industry level 3 competency requirement for an ECS gold card of Installation Electrician.

Which is why you are looking at the Experienced Worker Route maybe? You need 5 years experience and a Level 2 Qualification to go this route though and you only mention the 5 years. You will also have to do an additional unit on the AM2 to gain the AM2E according to the National Electrotechnical Training (NET) website.

The above said I am rather confused you have the AM2 as normally that is the final assessment in the process and this should only be taken once all the other criteria have been met.

Upvote 0

Reply to Gold card confusion in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net