Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) | Page 25 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I get the impression that a lot of people slag off Del's work would not have the balls to post up their own work for all to scrutinise. Might be a touch of envy that Del charges 3 figures an hour while many of these guys do £25's if they are lucky...Just the way some come across like.
It is not confined to Del btw, I also note that almost every UK based youtube spark comes in for similar treatment lol, Artisan electrics even got slammed for being able to charge hundreds where others charge pennies lol.

Unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, if your putting your stuff up for public viewing, it's going to attract critique. I think I'm some cases it's constructive and justified, in others not.
I've learnt from the "youtube sparks", both what to do and what not to do.
Ps im.not jealous of good ol'Del
Pss I don't have the balls to put my work on youtube!! (Or the time, or the inclination)

Unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, if your putting your stuff up for public viewing, it's going to attract critique. I think I'm some cases it's constructive and justified, in others not.

That's where my early interjections stemmed from - criticism for the sake of criticising. Given that this is an electrician's forum, it stands to reason that criticism should be warranted and explained for anyone who might happen upon this thread on a public forum. Youtube is a more appropriate platform for sniping and ranting.

Much of the criticism posted is indeed warranted but, as you rightly state, not all of it.

Nothing to do with the money. It's the work I've seen in his videos that doesn't really impress me. I don't honestly think it is worth the premium amount being charged.
He is worth what people are willing to pay for his time as in any other thing in life. As I stated Artisan charges well above what Del does and still gets the customers with many happy to have their property filmed.
Although this is Del's thread it was more a general point that on here I find that people don't have much time for the youtube sparks and spend a lot of time pulling them apart for often not great reasons. Just my opinion of course.

He is worth what people are willing to pay for his time as in any other thing in life. As I stated Artisan charges well above what Del does and still gets the customers with many happy to have their property filmed.
Although this is Del's thread it was more a general point that on here I find that people don't have much time for the youtube sparks and spend a lot of time pulling them apart for often not great reasons. Just my opinion of course.

I like David Savery - he knows his stuff and is well worth watching. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

I get very little from Delroy's videos - he seems very unsure about some things, and his testing is very hit and miss.

I get the impression that a lot of people slag off Del's work would not have the balls to post up their own work for all to scrutinise. Might be a touch of envy that Del charges 3 figures an hour while many of these guys do £25's if they are lucky...Just the way some come across like.
It is not confined to Del btw, I also note that almost every UK based youtube spark comes in for similar treatment lol, Artisan electrics even got slammed for being able to charge hundreds where others charge pennies lol.
A lot of people slag off Del because he always leaves a lot to slag off about.

That's where my early interjections stemmed from - criticism for the sake of criticising. Given that this is an electrician's forum, it stands to reason that criticism should be warranted and explained for anyone who might happen upon this thread on a public forum. Youtube is a more appropriate platform for sniping and ranting.

Much of the criticism posted is indeed warranted but, as you rightly state, not all of it.
I think I posted before that YouTube sparks for the most part delete any criticism.

Del is cheap for London

My old company based in SW London recently raised its hourly rate for domestic work to £175 per hour + vat
£100 an hour is his cheapest rate after 4pm its £150 if you're in the congestion area its £150 an hour after 4pm its £200 + vat.

Back when I first joined this Forum I got a lot of flack for saying my rate was £50.00/hr do you remember that guys?
£50-60 p/h was probably about the average sparky rate for London 10 years ago. Then you had companies like Pimilco start charging its plumbers and sparks out at £100 p/h / £120 p/h

If people keep paying it then companies will keep raising it

I have kept my rate at £80 per hour for 2 years , but an considering putting it up now as the cost of business has gone up , I am thinking £95 per hour

And here’s me thinking putting mine up twice in a year was cheeky.
£30 to £35 to £40….

That’s a one man band, no VAT in the wasteland of the borders.
Sounds very much like Cornwall.
They don't mind spending £200,000 on some machine, but have a fit when you say it's a few hundred to change a CU.

I've learnt from the "youtube sparks", both what to do and what not to do.
Ps im.not jealous of good ol'Del
Pss I don't have the balls to put my work on youtube!! (Or the time, or the inclination)
Has anyone noticed how Del pauses about a min into his vids raises his eyebrows and looks out of r\the window for divine intervention? or is just me

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net